How do you picture the characters?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 29, 2011, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

She does, Tiria, you're totally right! :P
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Excuse me sah!

I guess I picture them in a slight anthropomorphic state, kind of like how they are in the television series.

Tiria Wildlough

I imagine Bella of Brockhall looking like a real badger, on all fours, without any clothes. Which is funny, because I imagine the rest of them with clothes.  :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Nightfire on July 29, 2011, 05:19:40 PM
I usually get very vivid images in my head. I've had a very big imagination since I was three, so it's not really a problem for me to visualize squirrels walking upright and carrying weapons.
This is the same for me!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

Of all the characters, the one that I have the most trouble picturing are the mice, which seems kind of weird since they are pretty much the main characters of the series
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Mad Maudie

when i read it is like i am seeing a movie
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Mad Maudie on September 10, 2011, 09:00:20 PM
when i read it is like i am seeing a movie
Me too! ;D
I make Redwall movies in my head, and set music I like to them. :D
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Once, when I was reading the end of Redwall, I set the battle scene to Dynamite. Go figure.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwall Musician

Have any of ye heard the song "If I Die Young"? Probably not. It's a country song, and it so reminds me of Rose.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

For some reason I picture Salixa with a slightly British accent.
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 12, 2011, 07:55:29 AM
For some reason I picture Salixa with a slightly British accent.
I picture all of the characters with British accents.

Nightfire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 10, 2011, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: Nightfire on July 29, 2011, 05:19:40 PM
I usually get very vivid images in my head. I've had a very big imagination since I was three, so it's not really a problem for me to visualize squirrels walking upright and carrying weapons.
This is the same for me!

Yup, definitely. And his name is not supposed to be read as 'Ra gear' it is supposed to be read as 'Rag ear.' Thus, his ear looks like a rag.  :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 11, 2011, 08:43:24 PM
Have any of ye heard the song "If I Die Young"? Probably not. It's a country song, and it so reminds me of Rose.
Yes! Oh my goodness, you're right! I'd attributed it to a young hare soldier up until I read that. Rose makes more sense. XD

*cough* Right, back on topic. Tiria mentioned picturing Bella as walking on all fours - which is interesting, because whenever I read Redwall I see Constance as running around on all fours in the beginning but switching to two legs for the rest of the book. Weird. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Osu on September 12, 2011, 11:24:20 PM
Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 11, 2011, 08:43:24 PM
Yes! Oh my goodness, you're right! I'd attributed it to a young hare soldier up until I read that. Rose makes more sense. XD

Of coarse, hares can have every song, because they are just so awesome....
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 13, 2011, 02:26:01 AM
Of coarse, hares can have every song, because they are just so awesome....
This is very true. *sage nod*
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.