Characters that were only mentioned

Started by Matthias720, August 14, 2011, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

As I have been rereading through the series, I noticed that there are some characters that are only mention by name, but the never actually appear in any of the books. A perfect example are the Badger Lords before Lord Stonepaw: Urthrun the Gripper, Spearlady Gorse, Ceteruler the Just, and Bluestripe the Wild. What, do you suppose, these characters, and other ones that were only mentioned by name, are like, seeing as how they were never explored beyond their names?

Tiria Wildlough

I was thinking about writing a fanfiction of Spearlady Gorse. That makes me feel like a Redwall historian. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

I guess you can get a pretty good idea by their names. Bluestripe the Wild is probably a bit wild, Ceteruler the Just is just etc.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

I wonder who was the first badger lord of Salamandastron
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwall Musician

Another one who is only mentioned is Martin's grandfather.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Matthias720

Quote from: Redwall Musician on August 15, 2011, 03:37:17 PM
Another one who is only mentioned is Martin's grandfather.
Who was also named Martin. 8)

daskar666

Also King Mortspear.
If Ungatt Trunn had an army of 7500 I wonder the size of HIS army.

Log-a-Log

Mortspear must have been a pretty cruel father to raise Ungatt Trunn and Verdauga. Also, Barkstripe, Bella's husband and Sunflash's father
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Janglur Swifteye

Quote from: Log-a-Log on August 17, 2011, 09:15:04 PM
Mortspear must have been a pretty cruel father to raise Ungatt Trunn and Verdauga. Also, Barkstripe, Bella's husband and Sunflash's father

Actually, in the Outcast of redwall, Barkstripe appears in person to sunflash in a dream. I don't know if that counts, though.

Skalrag of Marshank

Threeclaws and Scratch from Redwall, the two rats who died in the cart crash.

Also Abbot Cedric.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

Abbot Cedric... yes.

I've always wondered about the old time badger lords... they'd make great fanfiction! *cough SUBTLE HINT cough*
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Dotti

"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Janglur Swifteye

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 23, 2011, 02:03:34 AM
Tammos family

At the beginning of the Long Patrol, Tammo is living with his family, and they are shown, not just mentioned.

Lily

Quote from: Dotti on August 26, 2011, 10:37:37 PM
Which book was Abbot Cedric in??  ???
Methuselah mentioned him in Redwall. He was the Abbot before Mortimer.