News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Has anyone noticed this?

Started by Tim Churchmouse, August 30, 2014, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Churchmouse

Has anyone else noticed that in earlier books such as Redwall and Mossflower there are lots of mistakes (I know lots of you know this) such as Martin (in Mossflower) referring to his earlier life as if nothing has happened, and he also refers to Felldoh as a wrestler. I just wondered if you guys had seen anything else weird like this.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

James Gryphon

The important thing to remember is that if there are inconsistencies between the books, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are mistakes. The most popular view of Martin's different 'background' story in Mossflower is that he chose to tell an altered (read: fake) version of his past to help keep Noonvale's location a secret, and probably also to avoid the painful memories of his family and loved one's deaths.

As far as Felldoh goes, there doesn't seem to be any reason for Martin to make that up, so I assume that Felldoh must've been a wrestler, even if it isn't mentioned anywhere else. I guess Martin would know him better than the rest of us.
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

Yes, I have noticed that. The first books were Brian's starter books. Afterwards, the books became more cemented to the real Redwall world.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Gonff the Mousethief

I think that when BJ was writing Martin the Warrior, He needed a name for a character so he went back to Mosslfower and found where he created Felldoh, so therefore he used the name. Thats my theory.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lutra

What, people didn't think the Felldoh of the series could beat the stuffing out of another character?  No rock hard abs under all that fur? :D  I'm pretty certain the book described him as one that wouldn't be afraid to wrestle or tussle, so its not a huge error.  Martin never wanted to talk about Noonvale, so an alternate story of events would not only protect it, but also deny him the anguish of remembering Rose's death.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra