News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What is your Favorite Movie?

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 24, 2011, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psybox

Did i forget Milo And Otis?  Yes i did.  Well, Milo And Otis.  Do i capitalize the and?

Lily

Psybox, you need to watch Firefly right now. ;) Well... soon, anyway. It's really, really good. Also, words like "and" and "of" aren't usually capitalised in movie or book titles, I don't think.

Quote from: Bragoon on May 21, 2012, 05:47:03 PM
I'm a leaf on the wind. 
That scene reminded me of one of the last scenes in The Matrix Revolutions (which I won't mention specifically, but I imagine you can figure out which one if you've seen it), but it seemed less... cinematic, I suppose.  Serenity was just more convincing,and felt like it mattered more. 
Now that you mention it, the two scenes are kind of similar. I've only seen Matrix Revolutions once, and I didn't really like it. I didn't really care about any of the characters, so when that scene happened I didn't really feel very emotional at all. Serenity, on the other hand...  :'(

Watching Bond movies was always a favourite passtime of my family, for some reason. We'd all get in front of the TV and pick a Bond movie from our collection and watch it. I like classic Bond for the general silliness, but I really like Daniel Craig's bond. Have you seen the trailer for Skyfall?

psybox

and more movies that i forgot to mention... Into the Woods, Evita, and My Fair Lady.
(i know... i know... those are all plays, but there are movie adaptions.  except Into the Woods which is a recording of a play version anyway.)

rakkety tam

1 the hitchikers guide to the galaxy
2 the avengers
3 gladiater
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Bragoon

I thought Book was even more sad, but less of a surprise.

I have seen it.  It looks really good, but it's an excruciatingly long way off.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Mad Maudie

One guess TGH!
i also like

All the ice ages
iron man
Princess protection program
Balto

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwaller

I like:

Brother Bear
Ice Age(all of them)
The road to El Dorado
Prince of Egypt
and some others I can't remember for now.

gorath

I like:
The Lord of the Rings
Tintin
Redwall
Martin the Warrior
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Redwaller

Tintin is good too!

Eragon was a complete mess; when I read the book I was like: it's not even a little like the book.  >:(

Redwallfan7

I really like the movie Selena, that stars Jennifer Lopez. I thought it was really interesting to learn about Selena's story, where she came from and how she made it big in the Spanish music industry. My background is Spanish so that meant a lot.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Bragoon

I forgot Oscar and The Princess Bride.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

I'll add:

The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh: I like the animation and voices, my favorite character is Tigger :)

The Last Song: Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) is a strong character, and Will helps her and she helps him, it's sad, yes, but I like how the character's relationships surface.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

These are mine in no particular order:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Transformers Trilogy  (I don't care what everyone says about the second movie... That one was probably my favorite)
How to Train Your Dragon
Sahara
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Get Smart

Anyone else agree?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Thr Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

The Lucky One

Spider Man

Redwaller

Did i mention lord of the rings? I think i did, but anyway, IT'S MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!