News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Eulaliaaa's Writing Requests

Started by Eulaliaaa!, April 07, 2015, 12:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Sooo, I thought I would give this a try (no, I didn't come up with this idea). You can request a short scene and I will try my best to write it. I would love to improve my writing skills, so constructive criticism is welcome.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Sounds great! :)

How about a short story about a good vermin who tries to enter the Abbey?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Awesome. Do you want them to get inside the Abbey?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Your choice ;) I think the fewer limits the better.

Eulaliaaa!

Eulaliaaa!

For Skyblade:

It had been raining all day, the grey clouds covering the sky and hiding the glorious sun. The ground was soaked from the constant downpour, and the cold air bit hard at those who were determined enough to travel in such weather. One traveler, Rotnose, sat under a tree, cursing his bad luck. The ferret had been traveling all day in this dreaded weather, stopping to take a break after he saw the rooftops of a sandstone abbey that rose above the trees and stood as a beacon of hope for cold, hungry, or injured travelers. Only if you're a goodbeast, they don't like vermin, Rotnose thought as he chewed on a root he had dug up from the ground, deep in thought. He could ask, but he knew the abbey didn't accept vermin. But he would tell them that he's different, that he was good. Rotnose wouldn't do for a name, he would have to think of a different one, something that sounded kinder. He struggled up, adjusting the light pack he was carrying on his back. He ran through the forest quickly, eager to get out of the rain and coming to a sudden halt when he reached the gates of Redwall Abbey. He stood there for a while, nervously looking around, then gathered his courage and pounded on the gate. There was silence. Rotnose pounded on the gate again, called up to the wall, "Oi, anyone up there? I'm dyin' out 'ere!" He complained.

The gate opened, and Ronose found himself face to face with an otter. He gulped, and stepped back, his paws shaking.

"Wot do you want here, vermin? Come on, speak up!" The otter growled

"Er, er, food. Aye, I want food an' a place to stay, sir." He said. The otter narrowed his eyes.

"It's never just that," he muttered, "What's your name?" He demanded. Rotnose hesitated, trying to think of a better name.

"Er, er, it's... it's Goodnose. Aye, me name is Goodnose." The ferret replied, feeling confident that the new name would convince the otter to let him in. To his surprise, the otter laughed.

"Ha, Goodnose. Lissen ferret, you're up to no good. The Abbey' s learned its lesson with letting vermin in, so beat it!" He said, stepping forward angrily. Rotnose retreated, trying to reason with the otter.

"Ey, don't get so mad, sir. I'm 'ungry, at least gimme somethin' to eat." He cried. The otter scowled.

"Stay there, ferret, I'll go see if Friar Thimble is willing to waste food on your type." He growled, slamming the gate shut. Rotnose stood there, trying to peek through the gate and into the Abbey. Shivering, the ferret pulled his tattered cloak closer around himself, looking up at the swollen, bruised clouds. The wind danced through the trees, making their branches twist and shake. Rotnose didn't wait long for the otter to return, and he jumped slightly as the gates were opened a crack. The otter strode out, tossing a pack full of food to Rotnose, who caught it and immediately stuffed a roll into his mouth. The otter shook his head in disgust, then tossed Rotnose a cloak as well.

"Now be off, vermin. I don't wanna see you round here again." He grumbled. Rotnose wrapped the new cloak around himself, waving at the otter.

"Thankee, sir. You're a kind, kind otter, matey!" He called as the gates were slammed in his face. Discarding the old cloak and pack, Rotnose was off. Redwall hadn't accepted him, but he knew of another place. Salamandastron. He heard that they loved vermin there, or was it hated vermin? Oh well, he wood find out soon.

Skyblade

Oh, wow! This is really good, Eul! Thank you. I am truly impressed :)

And that was fast, too. I'm taking forever on Gonff's request :P Well, I'm perfectionist (Not saying you're not, because your story is near perfect).

Anyway, hope you enjoy compliments. I liked the entire idea, and the "Goodnose" thing was a nice touch. My favorite part was the ending:

Quote"Thankee, sir. You're a kind, kind otter, matey!" He called as the gates were slammed in his face. Discarding the old cloak and pack, Rotnose was off. Redwall hadn't accepted him, but he knew of another place. Salamandastron. He heard that they loved vermin there, or was it hated vermin? Oh well, he wood find out soon.

The bold part certainly appealed to my emotion. And I like the ambiguous way you leave the story - makes me shudder a bit.

Eulaliaaa!

Thank you  ;D ;D ;D I'm glad you liked it.

Wot, wot!

Wow!! That was AMAZING Eul :)!!!!!!!!!
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Lady Ashenwyte

Could you write of a Battle between two Badger Lords, with one side being fanatical woodlanders and the other side the Long Patrol.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on April 08, 2015, 10:17:04 AM
Could you write of a Battle between two Badger Lords, with one side being fanatical woodlanders and the other side the Long Patrol.

Sounds interesting, I'll try it.

Quote from: Wot, wot! on April 08, 2015, 04:54:43 AM
Wow!! That was AMAZING Eul :)!!!!!!!!!

Thank you  :D

LT Sandpaw

This was really good, I'll give you a chance to write Ashen's story before I ask for mine ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

For Ashenwyte:

Dead silence. A moment of tension as every Long Patrol hare held their breath, staring at the forest that seemed to stick up like a great, green wall. Even Lord Ironstripe seemed to be holding his breath, waiting and watching as his paws tightened around the great battle axe that rested at his side. Then came the screams. Wild whoops ringing through the air, enough to chill the blood of anybeast present. The edge of the forest was full of movement as the woodlanders advanced slowly, continuing their wild taunts and laughter. Then came Lord Bloodeyes of Mossflower. He was a fearsome sight to see, a full grown male badger with mad eyes that could defeat an enemy before a battle started. Many times challengers had backed down quickly after seeing the murderous look in his eyes. He wielded a massive bow, and wore a tattered cloak of green. Upon his head rested a golden crown, stolen from the Badgerlords of Salamandastron long ago. Ironstripe growled slightly, clad in a simple brown tunic. Lord Bloodeyes pointed at the ruler of Salamandastron, laughing madly.

"I see you chose to stay and fight for the mountain! You are not only a fool but a deadbeast, too!" He roared, his red eyes staring intently at the small army of hares that stood in his way of Salamandastron. Ironstripe growled, fighting to keep back the Bloodwrath that threatened to overcome him.

"Salamandastron is mine, you are not fit to rule it!" He yelled back at the badger that stood on top of the hill. Bloodeyes snorted in disgust, lifting his bow high. The screams of woodlanders grew louder as they burst out of the forest pouring down the hill. None of them were vermin. They were all woodlanders led under the command of Lord Bloodeyes through deception. The Long Patrol stood their ground, yelling bravely as the two armies met, "Eulaliaaaaa!!!"

(Hoped you liked it. As always, constructive criticism is welcome  :) )

Wot, wot!

That was awesome Eul :) Could you do one on a thunderstorm?
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Eulaliaaa!

Sure, I'll start working on that when I have time  :P