Nimbalo

Started by RosieWoodsorrel, September 10, 2011, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper

Nimbalo was a loveable and great character, i thought he was really funny and slightly childish.

Ciaran Galedeep

Well look at him due to his harsh upbringing you don't have to look for reason for why he would be immature. as for his character  it is a testament to him as so many personalities develop self-destructive habits in that context.

and i love his improve moments, "how about Deyna the Dagger, or Denya the Deadly, or Denya the Dangerous, i like the sound of that!"
that and "Handsome Goldie" I think we see a lot of the semi-awkward (and really funny) moments that we all experience in our teenage years, and that is why we connect so well with him, no matter what our upbringing.

DeathRage

Nimbalo was one of my favorite characters in Taggerung. ;D The other one was Ruskem. :P
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

Dannflower Reguba

I don't like Nimbalo, he lied alot and was very annoying.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 04, 2012, 02:14:10 PM
I don't like Nimbalo, he lied alot and was very annoying.
I don't agree, i think he was spunky and creative... not all of redwall can hold a strict ethical code... that would be Borinnnnnggggg! Also what character development would there be?

Dannflower Reguba

Well his character developed rather badly.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

I thought his character was one of the best developed in the whole series.  When you meet him, he's a swaggering, lying mouse, but as you go along you find out that he's a good and faithful friend and a bold warrior, despite the fact that he had a hard childhood.  And he was willing to forgive his father for the maltreatment he received as a child.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

I still don't like him.

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 04, 2012, 08:31:26 PM
I still don't like him.
a toast to the stiff necks of dwarves. (a quote from the LOFTR)

Dannflower Reguba

What's wrong with not liking a liar?!

Bragoon

Many people would lie to protect themselves.  But many liars don't have it in them to be true friends, Nimbalo did. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

WildDoogyPlumm

Nimbalo talking and crying in his sleep almost broke my heart:
"But Papa, I've done all the work.  I'm hungry.  Ow!  Ow!  Please don't beat me, Papa, I've done all the work.  Where's Mama?  I want my mama!  What...Oh Mama, please come back..."
Poor Nimbalo.  :'(
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Wolfstar

He was actually a good character.  Because who would Tagg "Deyna" talk to, even I would not mind a companion or friend like that, it will be boring traveling all by myself.
Happy and kind.

Redwallfan7

I like the teenage animals in Redwall. Even though I have to keep reminding myself that the teenagers at Redwall would stay grounded so they couldn't go to wild parties  :P
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on April 11, 2012, 02:15:32 AM
I like the teenage animals in Redwall. Even though I have to keep reminding myself that the teenagers at Redwall would stay grounded so they couldn't go to wild parties  :P
I love the awkwardness of the "Handome Goldie" moment when Nimbalo is surrounded by female shrews and Tagg is just laughing his head off.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy