News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

POKÉMONS!!!

Started by Redwaller, June 22, 2012, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new Pokemon?

Yes
No
Dunno

SoranMBane

Ooh, Pokemon is so wonderful. I grew up with the anime, and Pokemon Gold was even the first video game I ever owned. Right now, I've got a 2DS and Pokemon Y is literally the only game I have for it because Pokemon is pretty much the only Nintendo thing I care about (I really want to get a copy of Omega Ruby at some point too, mostly because I used to own the original Ruby).

Anyway, some of my favourite Pokemon are:

Joltik (Electric jumping spider!)
Noivern (Fruit bat dragon!)
Swoobat
Yveltal
Feraligatr (Entirely because the starter I chose in Gold was Totodile :P)
Dunsparce (Which is adorable and precious and I will hear no ill words against it!)
Kabutops
Yamask
Spritzee
Haunter

And my current Y team consists of a Delphox named Tod, a Noivern named Shen, a Galvantula named Zeap, a Honchkrow named Mythryn, an Aegislash named Ravensfriend, and a Dunsparce named Durp. I love all of them.

Luftwaffles

Oh man, I remember when I first saw the Pokèmon Animè for the first time... it was June, 1998... Saturday no less. We were getting ready to eat a classic picada in front of the good old Magic Kids!; BT-X just ended and that extremely catchy theme song sounded for the first time in my ears... it was a magical experience.

I don't know why, but the concept stuck with me like glue and I couldn't stop watching until Season 6. Then I took a break until Season 14 and kept watching well into Season 17, but left again because everything started to look so silly and bland and stuff. What a shame.

Still, Pokèmon has some of my favorite moving moments in animation history:

Spoiler

Bye Bye Butterfree: Is still one of the most moving things on that show. Many episodes tried to replicate what it made so especial and none of them could do it. It's just unique.

Enter the Dragonyte: That episode from the final of the Orange League kept a lot of people literally at the edge of their sits. It was a really intense episode with a great battle and a lot of emotion to it. The ending is amazing too.

Can't Beat the Heat!: This is the episode we were waiting since the first entry on Season 1. The chance to see Ash finally beat Gary in an official duel! It still kind of bugs me that Pikachu didn't take part of the battle, but those last seconds of the combat, with the music and long plans showings faces... EPIC.

I can talk for another hour, but I will shut up now.

[close]
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!