News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Harry Potter

Started by Banya, December 10, 2015, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your Ilvermorny House?

Horned Serpent
1 (5.3%)
Wampus
1 (5.3%)
Thunderbird
9 (47.4%)
Pukwudgie
5 (26.3%)
I wasn't sorted because I'm not American
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Cornflower MM

I got a husky. :P I do love huskies though, so that's cool.

Kitsune

I got a freaking bird. I will find a way to reset this. :P

The Skarzs

Seems like you have to be a member to do it. :P

Also, I finally saw the first movie.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I liked the Cursed Child script, you can't go in expecting a book though, there is only dialogue, and a tiny bit of description thrown in here and there, which means the action scenes are a bit... Lackluster.

All in all though I thought it was a good story, and it has that charm that all the Harry Potter books have. It was a fast enough read that you didn't get bogged down in the middle. The story was fun, and it helped smooth out some of the issues with the time turners.

FYI
I'd have a wolf patronus, and I'd be in Gryffindor, or in Wampus at Ilvermorny.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

I deleted my account and made a new one.

I got Slytherin again, and this time I got a fox patronus! I'm so happy. :D

Cornflower MM

I forgot my Ilvermony house, but I was sorted into Slytherin.

Quote from: Skarzs on October 06, 2016, 04:28:52 PM
Seems like you have to be a member to do it. :P

Also, I finally saw the first movie.

Yep.
What'd you think of it, @Skarzs?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Amarith Waterspring

I have a dolphin patronus, also I am in Thunderbird in Ilvermorny, though I am a Ravenclaw in Hogwarts. I am not sure what any of the Ilvermorny houses symbolize though.
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I signed up, tried the patronus test, got a chow dog, was mortified and immediately deleted my account and resolved to be done with the whole thing permanently ::)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kitsune

@Wylder Treejumper I could send you a PDF of what to answer to get any patronus. ;)

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on October 07, 2016, 09:38:52 PM
I signed up, tried the patronus test, got a chow dog, was mortified and immediately deleted my account and resolved to be done with the whole thing permanently ::)

A chow? o.O

Banya

I've been enjoying reading the history of Ilvermorny. It's no Hogwarts, but it's nice to see the wizarding world shaped in to American history. The only parts of it I don't like are the interpretation of Native American spirituality as "witchcraft" and the fact that it was created by a member of the Gaunt family, making the wizarding world feel small. Whether or not it was based on Hogwarts, I would've preferred some random witch appearing in the history books as the founder of the American school instead of repeating the same old family names throughout wizarding history. Anyway, new poll reflecting the Ilvermorny Houses.

Poll results: The Cursed Child book?

I read it, enjoyed it, and would recommend it
    - 3 (27.3%)
I read it and was disappointed
    - 1 (9.1%)
I haven't read it but have interest in it because it's a part of the Potterverse
    - 3 (27.3%)
I haven't read it and am not interested in it
    - 4 (36.4%)

Jetthebinturong

I'm pretty sure everyone who's interested would take the quiz, even if they're not American. I'm a Pukwudgie.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Kitsune

I don't even know what they all mean or stand for.

I took it twice, and I got Thunderbird the first time, Horned Serpent the second.

Banya

Here's the Ilvermorny page on the HP Wiki, where you can read more. I'd equate it to Hogwarts as Horned Serpent being the "Ravenclaw of Ilvermorny" as it favours scholars, Wampus being the "Gryffindor" as it favours warriors, and Thunderbird and Pukwudgie both appear to have qualities similar to those sought after in Hufflepuffs (healers and adventurers). As Slytherin traits (resourcefulness, cunning, ambition, self-preservation) go, there doesn't appear to be an exact equivalent.