News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Fablehaven

Started by Nadaz, voice of the host, May 15, 2018, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: Maudie on January 13, 2015, 06:20:05 PM
Why does Fablehaven have no fandom? Grrr...
Has anyone here read the Fablehaven books?
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Jukka the Sling

I have!  I actually run the Fablehaven Wiki at the moment.

Have you read Dragonwatch?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Nadaz, voice of the host

Jukka the Sling

Yup!  The next one is reportedly coming out this October.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Nadaz, voice of the host

Well the last one came out almost a year after it was supposed to be released, so I doubt that it will be out by October.

Jukka the Sling

I dunno.  Amazon lists it as coming out this October.

Cornflower MM

Amazon can change. :P Honestly it's always better to wait patiently and stalk the author so if it gets delayed you know then and there and no confusion.  ;D

I have read some of Fablehaven, not in a long time, though. Enjoyed it.

Lady Amber

I've read Fablehaven! Really looking forward to the next Dragonwatch book.

PaulTheMarlfox

Fablehaven is honestly the very best book series I have ever read. ;D Just amazing, Brandon Mull is a wizard with words. ;D
"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Jack the Quick

I have only read the first.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

PaulTheMarlfox

Ouch. They get better and bigger as they go along.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: Jack the Quick on June 05, 2019, 04:56:29 PM
I have only read the first.
Quote from: PaulTheMarlfox on June 05, 2019, 04:57:13 PM
Ouch. They get better and bigger as they go along.
The first book of Fablehaven is a good example of why I never read first books first anymore, Redwall is the same way IMO.

Jukka the Sling

I personally liked all of the original Fablehaven books.  I've been trying to get through the second Dragonwatch book for absolute ages, but I'm unfortunately in a bit of a reading slump and I haven't finished it yet.  I am pathetic.

But yeah, I really love Brandon Mull's books in general.   His plots are tight and everything fits together perfectly and logically, which is more than I can say for a lot of books (*cough* Maze Runner *cough*).  His one weakness would probably be dialogue - he has a tendency to make young characters speak way too formally and unrealistically.

Has anyone else read his Beyonders trilogy?  It's amazing.

(I agree that the early Redwall books weren't as good as some of the others.  (I kinda think Redwall peaked somewhere in the middle of the series.))

PaulTheMarlfox

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 05, 2019, 08:04:49 PM
I personally liked all of the original Fablehaven books.  I've been trying to get through the second Dragonwatch book for absolute ages, but I'm unfortunately in a bit of a reading slump and I haven't finished it yet.  I am pathetic.

But yeah, I really love Brandon Mull's books in general.   His plots are tight and everything fits together perfectly and logically, which is more than I can say for a lot of books (*cough* Maze Runner *cough*).  His one weakness would probably be dialogue - he has a tendency to make young characters speak way too formally and unrealistically.

Has anyone else read his Beyonders trilogy?  It's amazing.

(I agree that the early Redwall books weren't as good as some of the others.  (I kinda think Redwall peaked somewhere in the middle of the series.))

I have! ;D

Jack the Quick

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 05, 2019, 08:04:49 PM
I agree, I'm right in the middle and they seem to be getting better.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!