News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Chess

Started by Taggerung The Otter, November 15, 2011, 01:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what is Your favoritw chess peice

Knight
Queen
Pawn
Bishop
King
Rook

redwallgurl

Queens are like nijas at this game
Fun. is a fantastic band.

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Redwaller

I looooove chess. Though it's been a while since I played.  :P

Redwaller

Hey chess lovers! I bring this topic from the depths of the board so we can discuss here! Chess on computer is sooo hard. I can beat the computer on beginner level.

W0NWILL

Yes, chess is epic, my favs are bishops and knights

Redwaller

The queen and rook!

Redwaller

I just did it! I beat the computer on intermediate! Yay!

Flandor

I used to play quite often when I was young but I'm so out of practice.  Id love to pick it up again though.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Delthion

Just a little revive.

Any chess enthusiasts still around?

I play quite often on Chess.com under Delthion if anyone wants to add me. Anyone have any favorite openings?

To continue the conversation started so many years ago in this topic, my favorite piece is the bishop.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

I have no idea how the game works or what the rules are but I like to play. :P

MathLuk

By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Tungro

Queen is probably the best for me. If I at least have a queen, even with small numbers, I can usual find a way to win

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on April 03, 2019, 12:35:33 PM
Queen is probably the best for me. If I at least have a queen, even with small numbers, I can usual find a way to win
Same.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Hehehe, my favourite piece is the Knight (the one what looks like a horse) so that I can kill the queen. If I can kill the queen, even without my own one in the game, I'm usually home free.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

MathLuk

Mine is usually the Bishop because it is a marvellous supporting piece.
Knights and bishops may have the same value, but knights are better in closed positions and bishops in open ones. As in the endgame most pieces have been cleared off, the board is usually open.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE