News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Schooling

Started by Taggerung The Otter, November 17, 2011, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is ur fav method of schholing

Home
Private
Other
Public
Other

Taggerung The Otter

Home
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Trigoma

home all the way. dont have to deal with other kids bad stuff xD
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Mad Maudie

well i'm homeschooled but there already is a topic like this called Homeschoolers? just saying
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

DanielofRedwall

Just so you know, it's spelled schooling. Also, there are two others listed on that poll.

Anyway, I'm public schooled, used to be private.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Icefire

*smacks forehead* This is where all my public/private school friends jump in and say "HOMESCHOOLED!!!"
It's spelled schooling. Anyway you can change that?
I vote homeschool, but it should be noted that I have never had any other type of schooling. Therefore, my vote is highly biased! ;D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Log-a-Log

I've been in the same public school my entire life
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Lutra

I voted public schooling...went to public schools and came out a-ok.  ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

yeswonderful

Well, I can only speak from my own experience, so I wouldn't necessarily call it my favorite, considering I only went to public schools from preschool through my senior year of high school. It's a bit hard to say if others are my favorite since I never experienced them! After high school I went to a private liberal arts college, which was awesome, though, once again, my limited experience in this area makes it hard for me to have a non-jaded response.  ::)
Really, my favorite of all is learning from experience rather than a textbook. Life outside of school has taught me many more useful things than I learned in 18 years of "education" in the school system.
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Nightfire

HOMESCHOOLING!!! My three siblings and I have all been homeschooled our entire lives, and they are all graduated now. I'll graduate as a homeschooler in three more years.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Homeschooling all the way! I have only once set foot in a classroom, and there wasn't a class there at the time anyway. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ceteruler

I guess it makes sense that a lot of people on a forum would be homeschooled...
I'm in a private school, always have been, always will be.

Coobreedan

Puplic, because you can't make new friends if you stay at home!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Bragoon

I'm living proof that that statement is false, Coobreedan. 

I make friends at church, in homeschool groups (generally a group of homeschool families who get together to do stuff, field trips for instance), and just around the neighborhood, and I don't have an ordinary job yet, so that would open more opportunities. 

I'm homeschooled, needless to say. 
I think homeschooling is better.  You have a better chance to adjust the curriculum and study methods that suit the individual person better, not to mention being able to teach various things that aren't taught in public schools.  I'm not saying that smart people don't come out of public and private schools, because that's not always true, nor am I saying that homeschooling is perfect, since the parent (or teacher) does have to be involved in the person's schooling and if they're not, they won't do well. 

There's lots of variations, mainly due to the fact that people aren't the same, so you'll end up with some parents who don't know what they're doing or how to do it, but as a rule, homeschoolers get exposed to a lot less garbage as a result. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

Hey, guys! Check out this video: Seven Lies about Homeschoolers
So true!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!