News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fallout Series

Started by Thanquol, July 15, 2019, 07:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanquol

Anyone else here a Fallout fan? I just started replaying New Vegas recently, and it's still one of my favorite games.

Verdauga

We've been playing Fallout 4 recently. It's an okay game, all things considered.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Oh yeah, definite fallout fan.  Recently got a fallout boardgame too, 'tisn't bad
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

I suppose you have an Xbox One ?

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Yar I do.  I tried out Fallout 76 when it first came out too, had some fun with it but it had way to many problems.  I've been thinking about giving it another shot, though, since they've updated it a fair bit since then.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

I'm not a fan of how they quantify the damage (I mean, I know it's tough to do anyway, but nothing seems to die easily.) I also can not help but notice the flaws they have in the weapons and object resources. But that's just me. This is in FO4, by the way.

Kade Rivok

It's certainly fun to mod the game, though, after beating it.  Glad Xbox lets you do that.  PS4 does it as well, sorta, but I don't think you can use stuff that isn't already in the game, like models or textures.  Things can certainly be hard to kill in the beginning, just gotta upgrade your gear and rely on V.A.T.S.  I would recommend buffing your crits, that helps a ton.  Put points into Luck and get the perk that let's you store multiple crits for use.  One or two V.A.T.S. crit headshots will put most things to sleep.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

My brothers kinda sneer on using V.A.T.S. but I just don't use it much. My first build became a pistolero build where I was pretty much murdering everything with my .44. My character isn't skilled with rifles, machine-weapons, or heavy-weapons, but it's kinda fun. The .44 is the most balanced weapon in the game from my perspective.