News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Musicians

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 26, 2011, 02:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What instrument do you play... how long have you played it?

Flute
10 (21.7%)
Saxophone (any type)
2 (4.3%)
Piano
23 (50%)
Guitar
11 (23.9%)
Percussion(drums, bells, etc.) specify
6 (13%)
Clarinet (any type)
6 (13%)
Oboe
1 (2.2%)
Trombone
1 (2.2%)
Baritone
1 (2.2%)
Trumpet
4 (8.7%)
Tuba
1 (2.2%)
Strings (violin, cello, etc.)specify
15 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Tiria Wildlough

So, do you play a musical instrument? I play violin, and I want to learn guitar. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

Used to play a recorder.....(stops posting)

yeswonderful

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on November 26, 2011, 02:13:08 AM
Used to play a recorder.....(stops posting)

Heeey! Recorders rock! They can be so much cooler than what most people think. I play five different kinds of recorder at an intermediate-advanced level:

Sopranino recorder
Soprano recorder (the kind you get in fourth grade, but they sound awesome if you actually know what you're doing)
Alto recorder
Tenor recorder
Bass recorder

I've played recorders multiple times for church and was in an early music ensemble in college that consisted mostly of recorders, lute, krummhorn, sackbutt (a predecessor to the trombone, yeah, you're allowed to giggle at the name), harp and voice. So yes, recorders can be pretty rockin' instruments if you know what you're doing on them.

I also play trumpet and euphonium (my main instrument), am middling at the piano, and will hopefully be picking up the tuba as soon as I can get my hands on one.
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Tiria Wildlough

My mother has an alto recorder. I have a soprano and a sopranino. I like them, but lately I can't be bothered practising... :P
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

I'm most competent at guitar, both acoustic and electric. That would be my main instrument.

I'm a pretty reasonable singer too.

Other instruments I can play to some degree as well are bass guitar, drums, piano/synths, harmonica and various percussion instruments (including the drums).
Received mostly negative reviews.

Icefire

I've played piano for 10 or 11 years now. This is my 8th year on clarinet. I played alto sax through Junior High, but got to busy to keep up with it. :'(
I also used to play recorder.....
I find it really funny that people give that instrument to small children. That's one of the most painful instrument when played incorrectly and I have yet to hear a child play it in a none painful way. I have a friend who plays the recorder in an amazingly beautiful way, though, so I'm not completely against the instrument!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

hmm, well ima percussionist, so look that up and u get the whole slew of instuments i play xD.

i also play piano. have for about 5 months now. i can play my immortal, charlie brown theme, memory of light and waves, and am learning pachelebels canon in c now. its pretty fun o.o

my first instrument was drumset. still play it. started when i was 3, and i sucked xD. eh i play a few other things but its insignificant to what i can do with the other ones. im in choir too.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

rakkety tam

i'm learning guitar and want to learn ungh i cant think of the name right now
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

rakkety tam

Quote from: rakkety tam on November 27, 2011, 01:22:14 AM
ok i still dont remember the name but u play it like ok u put it on your lap and have like a little bar u move acrose the strings while u have little pics on your fingers and play it like a banjo its mainly in bluegrass or country

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lord Brocktree

I love playing the piano. I have played for almost 3 three years, I started late and I always wish I started when I was young. I truly have a passion for practicing and I don't mind, if I have the time, to sit for hours and learn. I even have a youtube channel where I am starting to post video's of what I play.

I also play in my church's band, but mainly I use a synthesizer on the keyboard for that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KnucklesE
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

rakkety tam

Quote from: rakkety tam on November 27, 2011, 04:07:39 AM
Quote from: rakkety tam on November 27, 2011, 01:22:14 AM
ok i still dont remember the name but u play it like ok u put it on your lap and have like a little bar u move acrose the strings while u have little pics on your fingers and play it like a banjo its mainly in bluegrass or country
i know what it is a dobro

Icefire

Quote from: Trigoma on November 26, 2011, 10:29:33 PM
hmm, well ima percussionist, so look that up and u get the whole slew of instuments i play xD.

i also play piano. have for about 5 months now. i can play my immortal, charlie brown theme, memory of light and waves, and am learning pachelebels canon in c now. its pretty fun o.o

my first instrument was drumset. still play it. started when i was 3, and i sucked xD. eh i play a few other things but its insignificant to what i can do with the other ones. im in choir too.
Did you know that the piano is in fact a percussion instrument?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Ottakar

*deep breath*

I play bass, guitar, trumpet, cornet, tenor horn, (descant) recorder, bamboo flute, harmonica, pan pipes, cello, a little piano, xylophone/glockenspiel... and I think I missed one there. I always manage to miss one. I sing too. Maybe that was it. In any case I'm mainly focusing on voice, bass and guitar at the moment. I seem to play a lot of what Daniel plays. :D

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.