News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Calvin and Hobbes

Started by Sebias of Redwall, May 08, 2020, 06:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Who here has read the glorious escapades of Calvin and his best friend Hobbes?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

I read like every book probably close to 20 times.
Thats were i get all my pranks from

Sebias of Redwall

Lol. Same. I got most of them from our library, but our family has own a few copies.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

my father was a big fan when he was a kid, so he got most of them from the store and my grandparents house.

shisteer of nothing much

I have read small bits of it at Eb's house but, alas, we do not have it ourselves. I liked what I saw and will probably get the books from the public library when it opens.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

My dad has the box set. I read through all four volumes at least twice a year. ^-^
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

taggg

i love Calvin and hobbes so much honestly

clunylooney

I've only read 2 or 3 but I love them.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

Aren't they great? What was one of your favorite scenarios to read them in? Camping, baby-sitting, etc...

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

I've read them only when I'm at Eb's house, generally when we're dropping off Eb or one of the brothers at night and mum or dad start talking.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

We had never owned a copy for the longest time, but then we borrowed 'em off friends. I had gotten one for Christmas/my birthday a while ago, but then it got lost.  :'(

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 09, 2020, 04:31:53 PM
Aren't they great? What was one of your favorite scenarios to read them in? Camping, baby-sitting, etc...
the burbing scenes

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 10, 2020, 11:54:02 PM
We had never owned a copy for the longest time, but then we borrowed 'em off friends. I had gotten one for Christmas/my birthday a while ago, but then it got lost.  :'(
I am on the lookout for a copy on TradeMe.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

I love Calvin and Hobbes.  I've got the big ol' complete collection.  It's awesome.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

'Tis indeed. On of my favourites is when Calvin blows a massive bubble gum bubble and it pops over his entire head. He feels it with his hands and says "Good gracious, I think I just blew my face inside out." :laugh:
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.