News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Actually, Ungatt, that was also said by the villain in The Incredibles. But it's still a good quote.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 01, 2013, 11:05:58 PM
Actually, Ungatt, that was also said by the villain in The Incredibles. But it's still a good quote.
I already had known that before I had even heard of The Incredibles, but it really dosn't matter :P

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

Why does everyone make such a big deal about life handing you lemons? The real times to remember are when life hands you your favorite fruit. (in my case that would be, well, limes.). ~myself~

"Suppose you were an Idiot? Suppose you were a Congressman? But I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain~

Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts! -I Dunno, You tell me.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

"When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade"
Sorry, Mask. I just couldn't resist ;D

"Even if its a sunny day, be sure to bring your jacket. You never know what could happen."-Myself

W0NWILL

Quote from: Cave JohnsonAlright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns life's house down!

Rainshadow

(Merlin talking to Arthur about Uther's new wife (from the episode Beauty and the Beast, part 1 of 2 in the BBC show Merlin))

"Well, he won't be so happy when he realizes his wife is a fruit-munching monster!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

QuoteDon't get cocky, Kid! -Han Solo
I just think it's sooo funny that Han Solo (like, the cockiest man in the world) would say that to Luke! Lol! ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

KitrallStreamrippler

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe

"I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room." -Ray Bradbury
(For any Firefly fans out there, this quote makes me think of Wash, especially in the first episode.)

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" -Wash :)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Maudie

"When life gives you lemons, make grapejuice. Then sit back and let life figure out how you pulled that one off."

I found that in a really old thread and I liked it, so... :D

EDIT: here are some more:
the greatest creation of God? Man. Who discovered it? Man. -Mark Twain

The only causes worth fighting for are the lost ones -Mr. Smith goes to Washington

Ungatt Trunn

"Life isn't about how long you live it, but how you live it"-Myself

W0NWILL

Barney: I have only one rule. New is always better.
Ted: You keep saying you have only one rule, but they're always different.
Barney: 'New is better' is my oldest rule, which makes it the best.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 09, 2013, 10:02:26 PM
Barney: I have only one rule. New is always better.
Ted: You keep saying you have only one rule, but they're always different.
Barney: 'New is better' is my oldest rule, which makes it the best.
:D!

Maudie

How on earth did my favorite cavern hole thread make it to the second page??!!???!!!

W0NWILL

Quote from: Douglas AdamsFor a moment nothing happened...Then after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

Quote from: MewtwoThe world pushes us without mercy, and when some of us push back, the world points and cries evil.

Quote from: Carl Sagan…if we offer too much silent assent about mysticism and superstition – even when it seems to be doing a little good – we abet a general climate in which skepticism is considered impolite, science tiresome, and rigorous thinking somehow stuffy and inappropriate. Figuring out a prudent balance takes wisdom.

Rusvul

"It's a giant... mushroom! Maybe it's friendly! GIANT FRIENDLY MUSHROOM!!" -Sokka, Avatar the Last Airbender.

And with all the lemony lifey stuff, I'm just going to throw this in. "When life gives you lemons, it really doesn't matter what you do with them. I mean, lemonades and combustible lemons are a lot of work. Can't you just leave the lemons to rot, or slice them up and put them in your water?" -Me, just now. (That is, 11:32 PM, and I have to wake up at 6:42 AM tomorrow. I hate alarms.)