News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favourite meat to eat

Started by MeadowR, September 16, 2013, 12:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite meat?

Lamb
4 (11.4%)
Pork
4 (11.4%)
Beef
10 (28.6%)
Chicken
6 (17.1%)
Other
11 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

MeadowR

It's a bit mean not telling you what meat you're eating! I've had that happen before.

In the UK a few months ago there were a series of incidents where horse meat was being sold with some food products, but was labelled as beef. So perhaps I have tried a bit of horse without realising! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Vilu Daskar

Mine are chicken and beef but I voted for chicken
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Faiyloe

I am the only person who liked pork...  :-\
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Sailears

Raw/undercooked fish.

If we have a fillet of fish to cook, invariably I eat half of it raw beforehand. Almost like Gollum in that scene eating the fish by the pond.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Faiyloe

Quote from: curunen on September 20, 2013, 01:32:41 AM
Raw/undercooked fish.

If we have a fillet of fish to cook, invariably I eat half of it raw beforehand. Almost like Gollum in that scene eating the fish by the pond.

As soon as i read the first line I though of that seen even before I read what you said about it.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Ferrousferret

I'm trying to get a part time job as a butcher... and there's your tie in. That's it.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: curunen on September 20, 2013, 01:32:41 AM
Raw/undercooked fish.

Lol!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rusvul

Ummm... My favorite meats are steak (fillet mignon, medium rare) and good ol' bacon. However.... I'm currently vegetarian.

MeadowR

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 20, 2013, 12:52:48 AM
I am the only person who liked pork...  :-\

I like pork! I just prefer a few other meats.

Rusvul, how come you're currently vegetarian? I do feel at times I should eat a bit less (but never none!) meat but I'm not really in the position to make such choices at the moment.

Yum, steak....... I used to always have it well done because I don't like meat still being pink and bloody; however now I have it between medium and well done as I realised a lot of the succulent taste leaves the steak once you've cooked it too much and so it's not so yummy to eat. I can now cope with a -little- pinkness on meat.

In a similar way, I couldn't eat fish 'raw' as Curunen does and I don't like the idea of sushi!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Rusvul

My main reason for vegetarianism is that I don't want to be eaten, and I think it's only fair that I not inflict that on other creatures.

Blaggut

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 23, 2013, 03:00:02 PM
My main reason for vegetarianism is that I don't want to be eaten, and I think it's only fair that I not inflict that on other creatures.

That's how nature works. A wolf doesnt wanna get eaten, but it must eat. Also, since we're omnivores, it's almost neccasary to our survival. Eating meat can even add a few years, with that protein!
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

Quote from: Blaggut on September 25, 2013, 07:10:57 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 23, 2013, 03:00:02 PM

That's how nature works. A wolf doesnt wanna get eaten, but it must eat. Also, since we're omnivores, it's almost neccasary to our survival. Eating meat can even add a few years, with that protein!
As omnivores, and intelligent ones, it's our choice of whether or not we want to eat meat. A wolf has no choice, as meat is the only thing it's ever eaten and the only thing it can digest. A wolf has a place on the food chain, humans pretty much don't. You can get protein from other foods, like beans. I don't have a problem with other people eating meat, but I don't care to. If you can eat meat, and think about what it is, while it's in your mouth, and be okay with it, then by all means. I found that I couldn't, so, I don't :P Please don't take this the wrong way, I in no way mean to offend anybody who does eat meat (Most of the human population), I am just voicing my personal opinion.

The Shade

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 18, 2013, 12:10:21 PM
It's a bit mean not telling you what meat you're eating! I've had that happen before.

In the UK a few months ago there were a series of incidents where horse meat was being sold with some food products, but was labelled as beef. So perhaps I have tried a bit of horse without realising! :D

Eww, don't remind me! :P I hope I didn't eat any...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Ungatt Trunn

My favourate type of meat is bacon. I also like pork. Its obviouse that Porky Pig is one of my favourates. ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.