"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on August 02, 2015, 01:52:57 PM
Quote from: The Mask on August 02, 2015, 12:45:53 PM
So not sure where else to put this, as I couldn't find any gritty comic book threads, and I can't be bothered making one.
The Walking Dead.
Oh my gosh, it's incredible. It has the unfortunate habit of killing off all my favourite characters. Seriously, everyone dies. Anyone read/seen it?

Too scared to watch it. (I have kinemortophobia.) Also, Game of Thrones.

I thought you were reading ASoIaF? Were you just mentioning GoT as something you watch? Because neither that nor TWD belongs here.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 02, 2015, 02:08:28 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on August 02, 2015, 01:52:57 PM
Quote from: The Mask on August 02, 2015, 12:45:53 PM
So not sure where else to put this, as I couldn't find any gritty comic book threads, and I can't be bothered making one.
The Walking Dead.
Oh my gosh, it's incredible. It has the unfortunate habit of killing off all my favourite characters. Seriously, everyone dies. Anyone read/seen it?

Too scared to watch it. (I have kinemortophobia.) Also, Game of Thrones.

I thought you were reading ASoIaF? Were you just mentioning GoT as something you watch? Because neither that nor TWD belongs here.

No, I don't watch the show but I do read the books. And yeah, just mentioning it.

Spoiler
Anyone know the name of the track that plays when Sloth gets killed in the 2003 FMA?
[close]
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Rainshadow

Has anyone else heard of the manga/anime Haikyuu!!?  I just started reading the manga last week, and it's really good.  Like, really good.  And I even understand some of the techniques used in it, thanks to the one year I played volleyball and had to learn all the rules!  (For those who don't know, Haikyuu!! is a sports manga/anime that follows the many adventures of the Karasuno High Volleyball Club, with the main character being Shouyou Hinata, a first year who knows nearly nothing about volleyball but can jump extremely high and has lightning fast reflexes.  I know that may sound boring, but trust me, it's really good.  Really.  Good.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

I don't really watch sports anime, so yeah. Anyone know of some good medieval animes?

Jetthebinturong

Lady Ashenwyte

If anyone ever decides to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, please be aware that the show is disturbing and pure nightmare fuel.

I may have died a little inside after reading the TV Tropes page.

Jetthebinturong

I'm apprehensive to go into NGE because apparently it just gets awful towards the end because they blew the budget very early on.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 11, 2015, 02:09:20 PM
I'm apprehensive to go into NGE because apparently it just gets awful towards the end because they blew the budget very early on.

NGE is very good. I'm only up to Episode 10 though, so I can't comment on the rest of the episodes.

Banya

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 03, 2015, 02:00:45 PM
Quote from: CaptainRocktree on August 03, 2015, 03:14:02 AM
Quote from: Delthion on November 30, 2014, 05:53:17 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on November 29, 2014, 09:46:11 PM
BURN IT WITH FIRE! BURN IT ALL WITH FIRE!

Watch Death Note, then say that.

Not Death Note!
Semi-spoiler
But then, I'm not a Kira supporter.
Episode 25 hurt, but the climactic end and all of the emotional trauma those 37 episodes put me through made up for it.
[close]
Even though burning a Death Note won't prevent the deaths of those whose names have already been written.
I love the anime, and I really enjoyed the TV miniseries that ran this summer.  The live-action movies were good too.  I have the two novels: Death Note Another Note: The L.A. BB Murder Cases and L: Change the WorLd, but I'm unable them right now. 
I love this universe.[/font]

Banya

*Bump/DP*

Does anyone else watch or read Kuroshitsuji / Black Butler?

Lady Ashenwyte

Banya! You're back!

Also, I'm interested in Black Butler, but I haven't because I'm busy. I'll see if I can watch the first episode today.

Banya

Yes, hi, I'm here!

It took me a few (~6) episodes to get into Black Butler, though it was interesting from the start, but I'm glad I kept going.  I watched seasons I and II in a few days.  I can't wait to hear what you think.

Banya

*Bump/DP*

Anyone else watching/watched Psycho-Pass?  I just started it last night, and I'm hooked.  It's a fascinating plot with some really intriguing characters.