News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Celtic Woman

Started by Icefire, September 02, 2011, 05:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Good point. I recall that opinon on the Voice. :-[ ::) I am ashamed at myself. :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Don't be ashamed of yourself!

Now, who's ready to BELIEVE?

Program Description: Internationally renowned for alluring stage productions and songs of heartwarming inspiration, the singing sensation Celtic Woman presents a new chapter of musical enchantment to be enjoyed by the entire family. The extravagant production was filmed at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, with a dazzling array of visual and musical effects, including a 20-piece orchestra, seven-piece Celtic Woman Band, 16-piece Atlanta Bagpipe Band, lush vocal harmonies from the 10-member Aontas Choir and a 30-member children's choir, serving as the backdrop to the grace and beauty of Celtic Woman.

Someone posted this on the CWF and I thought you folks might like to see it.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

I'm super excited!!!!!! I really hope they come to my area on tour! I'll be missing their Christmas show. :'(
Speaking of, anyone going to the Christmas show?

You can find the tour dates here: http://www.celticwoman.com/symphony-tour-dates/

Nightfire

I put a hold on the Christmas CD, so I'll get it within the week. I can't wait to hear it!

Icefire

I LOVE that cd! I mean Christmas music AND Celtic Woman!!!! ;D
My favorites off of that cd are Carol of the Bells and Christmas Pipes.
Let me know what yours are!

Nightfire

It hasn't come in yet, but I'll let you know. I DID hear the Carol of the Bells on Youtube, though, and it sounded incredible.

Icefire

Out of curiosity, which version did you hear? They have two different recorded versions:

1.The CD version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbVhWcb4ERc
2. The....video version (possibly from the DVD, but I haven't seen the DVD so I don't know)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNbsQ8eDbA

Also, which version do you like better? I prefer the cd version, but that's just me...

Nightfire

Hmm. I'm not sure, but I think the first one. The CD is called "Christmas Roses," which is such a cool name! It sounds beautiful AND epic!

Captain Tammo

I really liked Celtic women. They're great in concert and have catchy tunes to the song
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Icefire

@Nightfire:  :o That's the wrong cd! I'll ask on the CWF to make sure, but on Amazon there are multiple comments that Christmas Roses isn't actually Celtic Woman. Celtic Woman's christmas cd is called A Christmas Celebration. They apparently also have one called a Celtic Family Christmas....but that one only has four songs by CW and two songs by the High Kings.

@Captain Tammo: YAY! Another CW fan! You've seen them in concert? Which concert?

Icefire

New picture from Believe!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

rakkety tam

i never actualy heard of them till i joined this forum
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Icefire

Quote from: rakkety tam on October 21, 2011, 03:47:53 PM
i never actualy heard of them till i joined this forum
LOL That's funny! I know people on the Celtic Woman forum who had never heard of Redwall until I started talking about it there. :D

Have you heard them yet? If not, I can point you to some good songs!

Nightfire

It's not? It sure sounds like them, and looks like them. My library didn't have the Christmas Celebration cd, though. :'(