News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mount and Blade: Warband

Started by LT Sandpaw, July 05, 2016, 09:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

You are the leader of a warband, just to clarify.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on July 10, 2016, 05:08:43 AM
Quote from: Sagetip on July 10, 2016, 03:53:59 AM
Interesting strategy guys. Are you only allowed one army?

Yes, but you can have nobles with their personal armies under your command when you become king.

How do you become king? I've very recently discovered a very lucrative method of play, I used to start out going to every tournament I could find and then usually winning, then I would find a faction that I liked and joined them. Now I am still doing the tournament part, but afterwards raiding a ton of Swadian villages. I already have some really good armor and well on my way to the best horse that I can find. ;D

And LT 50-70 is not small... ;D I have only once gotten that many troops and they were all wiped out when I captured a town. 30 is small and my usual army size, if I can get that many. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on July 10, 2016, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on July 10, 2016, 05:08:43 AM
Quote from: Sagetip on July 10, 2016, 03:53:59 AM
Interesting strategy guys. Are you only allowed one army?

Yes, but you can have nobles with their personal armies under your command when you become king.

How do you become king? I've very recently discovered a very lucrative method of play, I used to start out going to every tournament I could find and then usually winning, then I would find a faction that I liked and joined them. Now I am still doing the tournament part, but afterwards raiding a ton of Swadian villages. I already have some really good armor and well on my way to the best horse that I can find. ;D

And LT 50-70 is not small... ;D I have only once gotten that many troops and they were all wiped out when I captured a town. 30 is small and my usual army size, if I can get that many. ;D

You declare war on a faction and take one of their castles or towns. Then, you'll be attacked by nearly all the factions because they think you're an upstart but if you survive the initial period they'll make peace and be friendlier.

50 troops is tiny. You can have up to 300 men.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

LT Sandpaw

@Delthion Maybe there is a difference between the games, in the older game you might not be able to have as many as your allowed to have in Warband.

Personally I consider a hundred men armies to be easy prey. At one point I did an amazing battle aiding the Sultan Sultanate where it was 640 vs 1120. Give or take a few. We won... Barely.

Also as a word of advice try not to raid villages as much as you can. Recruiting from them is vital, and once you've raided them about three times they'll hate you, and you wont be able to recruit from them anymore. I find ransom brokers to be a much more efficient way to make money. Level up you prisoner management and capture expensive soldiers and lords.

Also you might not want to start off as a king, try becoming a lord for a faction first and building up your renown from there.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

@LT Sandpaw Raiding villages? I don't think villages come back after you loot and burn them.

Also, there's something called 'Right to Rule' which only appears in Warband, and is basically the respect given to you by the other factions. If you have a higher Right to Rule you will have an easier time of being a monarch. Oh, and you need 150 renown to become a lord.

LT Sandpaw

@Lord Ashenwyte Sorry? But a staple of the game is the villages, and if they didn't come back after being looted and razed all the kingdoms would be out of villages after an hour of gameplay. They slowly regenerate over time after being razed to the ground, and the more they are raided the worse off they are, and the less taxes they provide. In fact if they have been razed to the ground then they wont provide anything for about a week in game time.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on July 10, 2016, 05:24:54 PM

@Delthion Maybe there is a difference between the games, in the older game you might not be able to have as many as your allowed to have in Warband.

Personally I consider a hundred men armies to be easy prey. At one point I did an amazing battle aiding the Sultan Sultanate where it was 640 vs 1120. Give or take a few. We won... Barely.

Also as a word of advice try not to raid villages as much as you can. Recruiting from them is vital, and once you've raided them about three times they'll hate you, and you wont be able to recruit from them anymore. I find ransom brokers to be a much more efficient way to make money. Level up you prisoner management and capture expensive soldiers and lords.

Also you might not want to start off as a king, try becoming a lord for a faction first and building up your renown from there.

Yeah, in the old game all prisoners except lords are worth 50 gold and lords get away almost every time and even if you do catch them, it takes a rather long time before they offer you a sum of money for his return. And there is never anything over 1000 troop even if you take all of the armies of one faction and combine them, at the most it is around 450 or so. Also, I am only raiding the villages of one faction.

In the old game most troops that you recruit from villages die before you can level them up at all.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

Tip: If you capture a lord and you eventually want to become a king, release him. He'll like you, and it'll be easier to make him join him.

Tungro

Quote from: NileJoy on July 05, 2016, 09:44:39 PM
You should have waited for Mount & Blade II Bannerlord though...
And still 3+ years later.......

REVIVE ;D

Anyway, I have had this game for like 2 years now and I still love it. Now that I have finished it (is that even possible?) as few times, I am delving into mods a bit more. Here are some pics from the mod, "Independencia de Chile"

Thanquol

I haven't played it, but I have seen a few playthroughs. Mostly of the various mods like the ASOIAF one.

Tungro

Trying out a mod for the Napoleonic Wars called L'Aigle now