News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by Ungatt Trunn, February 11, 2017, 06:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Andy on February 26, 2017, 08:15:59 PM
I watched the series on Netflix until I was caught up and since then have been watching all the new episodes as they air on AMC. Watching Talking Dead after is a lot of fun, too. I also buy the seasons on bluray or DVD later, as there are often extended episodes, deleted scenes, and interesting commentary from the cast and crew (I've always wanted to be in entertainment, so this stuff REALLY appeals to me).

I have to say, season 4 was unquestionably my favorite. I'm really liking some of what they're doing now, too, though some of it is kind of weird (maybe I just feel that way because I've read the comics at this point). Either way I'm eager for tonight's episode. :)
So far I consider Season 4 to be my favorite as well - it's the most intricate and attention-grabbing of all of them so far, and despite having the same length as most of the other seasons, it feels a lot longer (which is a good thing!), probably because of just how much big and crazy stuff happens in it.
and...
That Terminus place is just like what on earth  :o can't wait to start Season 5 now!
[close]

Life is too short to rush through it.

Ungatt Trunn

Alright, I hate to double post, but I just finished the second episode in Season 5 and...
Big spoiler for Season 5
Brooo those Terminus people turning out to be cannibals has me all like... WHAT ON EARTH! Dude, this just made The Walking Dead that much more brutal... also, R.I.P Bob's leg  :'(
[close]

Andy

The episode tonight was really intense.  Who's caught up?

Spoiler
I'm glad they had Morgan kill again, especially the character he ended up killing, but I wonder how this is going to affect him as he moves on in his character arc.  How awesome is it that him and Carol and Ezekiel are ready to fight now? I mean I knew they'd be ready eventually because obviously having read the comics I know that Negan's going to be fought, but anyway, this episode was a really good one.  It really made up for some of the slower ones earlier in the season, that's for sure.
[close]

Season 7 is coming to a close, soon, y'all.  Who's already getting hyped for season 8? :P
Only actions can speak the truth.

Ungatt Trunn

I still have like 10 more episodes before I'm caught up... but I'll be up there all caught up with you guys soon  ;D

Luftwaffles

I have yet to start watching it, so... :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Sierra on March 13, 2017, 04:40:58 AM
You have a lot to catch up on - but it'll all be worth it!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 14, 2017, 12:51:41 AM

Yeah, I can't wait to discuss it fully with y'all.

After the merger...

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Sierra on March 14, 2017, 12:55:41 AM

After the merger...
The merger? What be that

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 14, 2017, 02:44:38 AM

After the merger...
The merger? What be that

The process in which the LAF and the RAFF become one forum.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Sierra on March 14, 2017, 03:00:13 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 14, 2017, 02:44:38 AM

After the merger...
The merger? What be that

The process in which the LAF and the RAFF become one forum.
OOO alrighty

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Andy

Anyone been reading the comics? I read the latest issue a few days ago and something pretty big happened. Everyone was real upset on social media. Something of this sort was due, though. Anyone else read it?

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Andy on May 09, 2017, 05:30:43 AM
Anyone been reading the comics? I read the latest issue a few days ago and something pretty big happened. Everyone was real upset on social media. Something of this sort was due, though. Anyone else read it?

Haven't read it since number... 120? But please PM me those details (or post about them in a spoiler) because I would like to know what upset those people.

Andy

I'll post it here in case anyone else wants to know or has read them and wants to discuss it. For anyone avoiding spoilers regarding The Whisperer War and its immediate follow-up, steer clear!

Spoiler
The Whisperers have steered a massive horde of roamers towards Alexandria.  Some of the people who live there are leading them away on horseback, trying to divert the horde into the sea and save the settlement. They encounter some difficulty in doing this, and Eugene stays back a ways with a horn to draw their attention to help the others escape. He's not slept in at least an entire day at this point, and ends up losing his horse to the roamers. Andrea goes back for him, and manages to fight off the attackers and get him onto her horse, but she is bitten on the neck.  The wound is minor enough that she gets Eugene out of there and they return to Alexandria, the imminent danger of the horde past, where Rick and the others learn the news. In the years it has been since All Out War, she had become even more important to the group than she was before and many people say their tearful goodbyes as she lies dying in bed. Rick nearly gives up, but she gives him a final pep talk about all the good he's done and reminds him that he's needed. She eventually turns and he has to put her down, he and Carl having now lost a second wife/mother to this world, and Alexandria having lost one of its best citizens. It was very emotional, and it looks like trouble is not done brewing just yet either.
[close]

Luftwaffles

I was honestly expecting way more.

It seems that TWD's glory days are long gone now.