Chickenhound's survival

Started by Jack the Quick, May 15, 2019, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack the Quick

I was just wondering... How did Chickenhound (later Slagar) survived Asmodeus. I mean, he was bitten and what appeared to be his tail was found by Matthias in Asmodeus's cave, but I just don't get how he survived. I would appreciate if you guys could help me out with this one.  ;)
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Slagar had said that he had eaten some herbs that healed him. I hope that helped somewhat.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

I don't think the fox tail in the cave was Chickenhound's. I think it was just there to show that Asmodeus was powerful. Just my option though

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Tungro on May 15, 2019, 10:58:59 PM
I don't think the fox tail in the cave was Chickenhound's. I think it was just there to show that Asmodeus was powerful. Just my option though
Yeah, I don't think it was his. After all, I think Chickenhound was a pretty small fox so his tail wouldn't be that much of a trophy. It was probably from some traveling warrior or something.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

That makes sense. After all, I'm pretty sure Slagar had a tail in Mattimeo

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 15, 2019, 11:22:06 PM
That makes sense. After all, I'm pretty sure Slagar had a tail in Mattimeo
Woah! I completely forgot about that! *Slaps head* It's been a long day... :P

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

That means you need to brush up on the books. ;)

His mother was a healer, so he knew how to heal wounds and deal with poison. . . Though how he would have dealt with a venom known to kill is a mystery.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jack the Quick

It's just that it seemed like all of Asmodeus's victims died right away. It seemed like they never had a chance to find herbs to heal themselves.

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 16, 2019, 01:13:32 AM

how he would have dealt with a venom known to kill is a mystery.
In Outcast of Redwall I'm pretty sure there was a squirrel who healed Sunflash when he was bitten by the two adders. Though I've gotta admit, Chickenhound would have to be pretty fast at getting the herbs for it.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Maybe he had some? Or had stolen a few from Redwall?
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 16, 2019, 07:10:34 PM
Maybe he had some? Or had stolen a few from Redwall?
I guess that could be true. After all, did he take his mother's herb satchel with him when he ran off?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Steelinghades

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 16, 2019, 01:13:32 AM

His mother was a healer, so he knew how to heal wounds and deal with poison. . . Though how he would have dealt with a venom known to kill is a mystery.

How would anyone in any pseudo medieval story deal with venoms and poisons, frankly without modern medicine--or magic, but redwall's not that kind of fantasy, although I would read a high fantasy version of redwall to death--is frankly a mystery, or more accurately, they deal with it via the power of plot.