News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lock this topic! (By New Year's Day!)

Started by Blaggut, October 15, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

MeadowR

Banning smoking inside (and around) public places in England was one of the best, most positive decisions to come out of this country of recent years. When I was on holiday a few weeks ago - seems such an age away now, boohoo! - they seemed to allow smoking outside at the hotel and it was ever so off-putting having it keep wafting over when I was sat having a drink or so. Made me realise how much I take it for granted now that we don't have that problem so much in England. (Still walk past in the streets and get the wafts of smoke occasionally, though.) Certain European countries could do with the rule! People complained when the ban first came out, but as with these things, people can get used to it, and apparently it has also helped lower the rate of smokers here a tad (so they say). It is such a positive thing amongst so much negatives!

Banning those harmful beads you get in those exfoliating scrubs will be the next positive decision here.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Yeah, well, especially with marijuana becoming legal in some states, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

It must be up to the states in the US, because it's illegal to smoke in and around public buildings in my state and has been since 2010. Also illegal to smoke in a car with a minor inside. People got used to it and it's been pretty nice.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Frankly zoze zat zmoke zhould take vote'er zey're zmokin', gae inzoide a zmav vee box viz nae air-'olez, und dae zeir zmokin' zere. Zen naebeing elze 'az tae deal viz ze fumez, und ze zmokerz end viz very little oxygen if any left in zaid box, 'opefully alzae viz a little lezzon on zmokin' taae. *Und zen.....*Loightz zaid box on fire*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

I have worst sense of humor  ;D

I just ran up to my little sisters and said "Hey guys, I just realized that French fry spelled backwards is French fry!" And then laughed for like five minutes straight.

Also, I made up another joke that is my new favorite: "Yeah, this one time I was drinking while driving and I spilled water all over myself."

;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Yup! ;D

Also, I accidentally elbowed my sister in the side of the head.

But it's okay cuz she's my older sister. ;D

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg