News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

OOC: Here we are

Started by The Skarzs, July 04, 2018, 06:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Alright, so, I'm not trying to make this go too quickly, but after playing it out in my mind, this is how I want it to go.

Andrew is sick, with something to do with dryditch fever. The four of us are caught in the middle of it because Andrew had already called for the Abbess, and she comes in for him to explain his story. We aren't really obliged to help, until it comes apparent that there is no way to know where Noonvale is- The information was kept secret at the request of the last visitors from there. We'd be the only ones to know where to go other than "north" without extensive research into the ancient accounts and records, which would take previous time. We might also suggest the possibility of it being dryditch fever.
Thoughts and expansion or tweaking of the idea would be appreciated.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

I've been sick for over two weeks, been a little difficult to formulate cohesive thoughts on a regular basis. I'll get around to a response soon enough.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Shoot. Sorry to hear you're sick, Dan. Hope you get better.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Two weeks?!  Oh man, that's awful.  I hope you feel better soon!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

I've been frantically scrambling to do school and stuff (Heh heeehhhhhh MY GRADES ARE DROPPING KILL MEEEEEEEEE) and I've been waiting for Dann. I'll try to get something up this weekend.

The Skarzs

*Throws sympathy and anything useful as hard as I can across the country.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

RIP all of us. :P
Okay, so do you think we could make up a sickness that can be treated without having us die? XD Something with prolonged exposure being the way to contract it rather than immediate transmission?
Oh, or maybe caused by something wrong with their food or water supply in Noonvale?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

I mean, the guy could just have a really serious flu for all we know  :D I think at this point we really need to have a concrete goal (for us to know, not for the characters to play off of immediately), do we (us IRL again) actually have a set place in the chronology yet? We've mostly been fooling around with the silliness of us being thrown haphazardly into the Redwall world, so it may be time to get a solid idea of what will be coming.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

This is all after all known stories.
One idea is that Andrew's cut was infected by some kind of poison, and he will be out of commission for a while.
As far as a goal, we'll basically be going to Noonvale with a healer- Maybe Noonvale lost theirs or something. The reason all of us would go is so that the sum total of our memories of how to get to Noonvale would give us the best shot of getting there. Maybe we could visit each place of "history" as a way of retracing the steps backwards, but also for the sake of geeking out over finding those things we read but never saw except for in our mind's eye.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Mmmm, I'm not sure I like the poison infection idea. Unless it was on the blade of whatever cut him, there wasn't really any chance for it to get infected. Some sort of long-incubating illness could work. Or also the flu. :P OR a poisoned weapon, it's not like that was unheard of in the books. I don't care much about the specifics as long as I don't have to die a gruesome feverish death. :P Noonvale losing their healer could work, yeah, maybe from the same sort of flu that Andew contracted? That would suggest it's a really long incubater, though, and bad. I DUNNO. THERE'S ALL THE OPTIONS. I feel like I'm about to start going in circles. I do love the idea of viewing each place of note in the books, though, like the Ford and the otter rocks and other places. (Please tell me we get to go to Salamandastron at some point because that would be fun.)

The Skarzs

I was thinking more of a poisoned weapon.

Actually, that would be pretty cool to go to a lot of the places from the books, though for this story I wasn't thinking bigger than what we could find on the northern way to Noonvale. After that, though, we could definitely go to other places!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

I honestly don't have much opinion on this, I was going to let everyone else decide and roll with it.