News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What Species are animal in Redwall

Started by Taggerung The Otter, November 17, 2011, 09:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

Mice
Voles
Wolves
foxes..etc.

NO MONKIES
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Plugg Firetail

Well were there monkies in Britain?

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Plugg Firetail

Taggerung The Otter

daskar666

Redwall isn't a species, it's an inanimate object composed of sandstone.

Firewall978

Quote from: Taggerung The Otter on November 17, 2011, 09:39:14 PM
Mice
Voles
Wolves
foxes..etc.

NO MONKIES

There were wolves in Redwall? I don't remember any, but that doesn't mean that there weren't....

Taggerung_of_Redwall

There was a wolf mentioned in The Bellmaker, named Nagru. The Foxwolf Urgan Nagru found him half-dead and frozen and skinned him.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

daskar666

Wolves were mentioned.
Also monkeys are a tad too humanoid for the series methinx.

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: daskar666 on November 18, 2011, 01:12:40 AM
Wolves were mentioned.
Also monkeys are a tad too humanoid for the series methinx.

Amen

Folgrimeo

I'm assuming you're asking why the series doesn't have monkeys. I don't think there ever were monkeys. The closest thing I see to a monkey is the TV series' interpretation of the Painted Ones, which looked more like lemurs. I guess I'd be okay with one if they didn't talk much, kinda like the seals (or walruses or whatever) in Pearls of Lutra. But as pals alongside mice and badgers, it just doesn't seem right somehow.

And there's no need for yelling. Next time try being more polite (like "why aren't there any monkeys?") and more clear in what you're saying.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I think what Taggerung the Otter is meaning by this topic is a discussion about certain species in or not in Redwall. Like a discussion based around the effect certain additions would make, or which make Redwall feel or seem less like Redwall, in comparison to others.
I would guess anyway.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Taggerung The Otter

what ah meant was what ah think is approprate for redwall

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Coobreedan

Quote from: Folgrimeo on November 18, 2011, 02:37:01 AM
I'm assuming you're asking why the series doesn't have monkeys. I don't think there ever were monkeys. The closest thing I see to a monkey is the TV series' interpretation of the Painted Ones, which looked more like lemurs. I guess I'd be okay with one if they didn't talk much, kinda like the seals (or walruses or whatever) in Pearls of Lutra. But as pals alongside mice and badgers, it just doesn't seem right somehow.

And there's no need for yelling. Next time try being more polite (like "why aren't there any monkeys?") and more clear in what you're saying.

Tarrerung The Otter is complaining because he doesn't like how Troy Trodoon is always talking about Redwall monkies.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.