If Brian made a new sequel to one of his Redwall books...

Started by Firewall978, November 22, 2011, 11:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Brian Jacques Wrote another Sequel to up to 3 of the Redwall Books, which would they be?

Redwall
0 (0%)
Mossflower
3 (9.4%)
Mattimeo
5 (15.6%)
Mariel Of Redwall
0 (0%)
Salamandastron
4 (12.5%)
Martin the Warrior
4 (12.5%)
The Bellmaker
8 (25%)
Outcast of Redwall
3 (9.4%)
The Pearls of Lutra
5 (15.6%)
The Long Patrol
4 (12.5%)
Marlfox
1 (3.1%)
The Legend of Luke
10 (31.3%)
Lord Brocktree
3 (9.4%)
Taggerung
5 (15.6%)
Triss
0 (0%)
Loamhedge
2 (6.3%)
Rakkety Tam
9 (28.1%)
High Rhulain
8 (25%)
Eulalia!
1 (3.1%)
Doomwyte
0 (0%)
The Sable Quean
5 (15.6%)
The Rogue Crew
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Marlfox70

I woulda loved to read a sequel to Mossflower, the founding of the abbey. Also agreed on wanting to have read more of the Green Isles and Southsward. I feel like we've covered Mossflower woodland and the surrounding continent. x]

Superdreuzel

i would like to read more about martin the warrior and co
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Lutra

In some cases, I think if you go with an outright sequel, unless you specifically introduce someone new to be the main character, the stories will sound too similar.  The Redwall--Mattimeo connection was not one of these because Mattimeo and the escaped slaves were the central characters, not Matthias, despite his role.  Continuing the stories of a previous character does not always make for an interesting story.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Bragoon

I think a prequel to Loamhedge or Rakkety Tam would have been really cool.  Maybe one about when Bragoon and Sarobando were Dibbuns, or Tam and Doogy's time in the Northlands, when they met perhaps.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ceteruler

How about prequel to Lord Brocktree, prequel to that, and a prequel to that?

Melody

I would've liked to have seen more of Martin the warrior and Matthias. I liked them.
Like Matthias could've found out about his past, who were his parents where did he actually come from?

Tiria Wildlough

I want to hear more about Green Isle, before all the stuff in High Rhulain.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

So? I like being an otter freak, and NO ONE will stand between me and the otters!! >:(
Otter than that, I want to hear more about Lord Brocktree.
I'm not a hipster.

Melody

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

Agh, Melody beat me to it.  XD

Still, I agree, I like the concept of there being a bunch of different otter clans.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 21, 2012, 03:36:37 AM
Other than that, I want to hear more about Lord Brocktree.

Are you the other person who voted for that? I did too. I have a really strange plot idea which involves Skittles (the hedgehog) and that hedgehog from Martin the Warrior , you know, the one with the cherries.
Also, me and my friend came up with another story after Lord Brocktree, which tells the story about Martin's ancestors and friends of Brocktree.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Firewall978

Quote from: Lutra on December 31, 2011, 12:51:46 PM
In some cases, I think if you go with an outright sequel, unless you specifically introduce someone new to be the main character, the stories will sound too similar.  The Redwall--Mattimeo connection was not one of these because Mattimeo and the escaped slaves were the central characters, not Matthias, despite his role.  Continuing the stories of a previous character does not always make for an interesting story.

True, but think of the Mossflower to Martin the Warrior. People liked Martin the Warrior Better than mossflower even though Mossflower came out first and they have the same main character.