I received my last letter from the book club...I had no idea he was gone

Started by xenobia, November 23, 2011, 02:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenobia

I just found out that Brian Jacques passed away and the tears won't stop flowing.  What an amazing man he was.  I just wanted to thank him for making me smile time and time again.  He will be missed and never EVER forgotten!  I love you Mr. Jacques!!!  RIP kind Sir.   Eulalia!

Firewall978

I agree. Brian Jacques WILL NEVER be forgotten in the hearts of all those who have read his books. I have never heard anyone say that they did not like the book after reading one. Brian Jacques will be remembered by the people who love him as a person, or even just an author. I know I will never forget about him, nor will the children who have heard him reading his books or any one of us on this forum. I only wish that he could be still alive and kickin' so he would be able to write another book, and touch more peoples lives.

Dannflor

I second that (Hoa) it was a pain that he was gone that day when I looked at the redwall seres I cried  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Firewall978 on November 23, 2011, 02:49:16 AM
I agree. Brian Jacques WILL NEVER be forgotten in the hearts of all those who have read his books. I have never heard anyone say that they did not like the book after reading one. Brian Jacques will be remembered by the people who love him as a person, or even just an author. I know I will never forget about him, nor will the children who have heard him reading his books or any one of us on this forum. I only wish that he could be still alive and kickin' so he would be able to write another book, and touch more peoples lives.
Well, now it's up to us to continue the Redwall legacy and never let it be forgotten.  We can be the ones to persuade others to read Redwall, and their lives can be touched even though Jacques is dead.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

White One6193

Aye. Let us keep the doors of the Abbey forever open, my friends.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

AbbotAlf0805

Did you know that he had I am that is engraved on his gravestone.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: Redwaller on July 01, 2012, 11:40:37 PM
He will never be forgotten as long as this Forum lives!

I just found out he passed away about a week ago and I'm still quite sad....but for sure he will be remembered! I'm so glad this forum exists so all Redwall fans can remember him and his stories together. :)  Eulaliaaaaaa!!!!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Dannflower Reguba

"Alright... All together now, wot!.... "EULALIAAAAAAA!"

"Well done chaps and chapesses... Rest In Peace my lost friend."

A last goodbye for a great author  :'(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I didn't know about his books untill 2011, if I would have known, I could have met him. Anyway, his work is awesome and will stay with me for a long time.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Redwallfan7

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 04, 2012, 04:28:11 PM
/\ Pretty much the same for me.
Really? Cool, I thought I was the only member on here to have only discovered them in that year.