Where is Mossflower anyway?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 23, 2011, 04:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

So, I was just wondering.....where do you think Mossflower would be if it was anywhere?
I like to think that it's long, long ago, when there weren't very many people in the world, and Mossflower is in some remote corner of Britain. ;D So interesting to think about. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Well, its definitely somewhere in Britain.  If I had to take a guess at the year, we're right around the Medieval period 1100-1300 given the technology, the props and such.  At that time, you had feudal lands, where there was great distance between safe havens, so Mossflower could be in any of those places if you could determine where medieval castles and manors once stood.  There were a lot of remote areas at this time for sure!  ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Coobreedan

Quote from: Lutra on November 23, 2011, 12:12:03 PM
Well, its definitely somewhere in Britain.  If I had to take a guess at the year, we're right around the Medieval period 1100-1300 given the technology, the props and such.
If it was set now, would they have advanced technology?

Also, where would Salamandastron be set?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Trigoma

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Firewall978

I would think that it was before man and also before dinosaur, when the world had just started after the big Bang (I am sorry if this offends people with religious beliefs). It would have to be on some large island or continent, like Asia.

Tiria Wildlough

There were very few people in Britain in the time Lutra mentioned. If it was any time, it would probably be then. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

Quote from: Trigoma on November 23, 2011, 10:41:40 PM
Hawaii
we can guees that mossflower was probably in britain and you didnt have to cross seas to travel to salamandastron if you were in mossflower so i would say thats wrong,
@Firewall978:if it was before man then how would they hav swords and ships so i think that medievil times was correct but since humans arent mentioned in the books its possible that they were on a world of there own with no humans ever

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lilly of Redwall

Redwall forever!!!

Captain Tammo

Based on how Brian wrote his books, I'd say Mossflower is right around where heaven is ;D
Minus the villains that is ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gears

Quote from: Firewall978 on November 24, 2011, 02:06:33 AM
I would think that it was before man and also before dinosaur, when the world had just started after the big Bang (I am sorry if this offends people with religious beliefs). It would have to be on some large island or continent, like Asia.

I think that it is in kinda an alternate universe with a medieval throwback. (maybe i thought too hard about that ;D)

And to you, my good sir, the big bang is a THEORY, not reality, and ALL scientists who theorize about the big bang admit that nothing can come from nothing, and thats what they claim the big bang did.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Captain Tammo

I actually heard that time itself is a theory! Kind of neat IMO, A theory that we use everyday, but we don't know if it's true!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwall Musician

Mossflower is in a completely different world. Probably on the same world where Narnia is! I've been looking for a tunnel to Narnia for like, since I read it.

Anyways, Mossflower is for sure in my heart and imagination, where it belongs and shall forever stay.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Blademaster

Mossflower is located in the world of literature and in the minds of Brian and all of his readers.  ;) That was either the smartest or the dimmest thing I've ever said.
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Plugg Firetail

Probably the smartest.

I think Mossflower is on another planet...