News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Where is Mossflower anyway?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 23, 2011, 04:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: Blademaster on November 26, 2011, 02:09:51 AM
Mossflower is located in the world of literature and in the minds of Brian and all of his readers.
I agree with this. Mossflower is in all of us. :)

That was either the smartest or the dimmest thing I've ever said.
I'd go with smartest. ;)

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

eualaia

its a mix of xanth and midievel time

(xanth is another novel series i read)
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Coobreedan

It tells you the location of the abbey if you press Contact Us.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Dlilly

Quote from: Gears on November 25, 2011, 07:47:11 PM
Quote from: Firewall978 on November 24, 2011, 02:06:33 AM
I would think that it was before man and also before dinosaur, when the world had just started after the big Bang (I am sorry if this offends people with religious beliefs). It would have to be on some large island or continent, like Asia.

I think that it is in kinda an alternate universe with a medieval throwback. (maybe i thought too hard about that ;D)

And to you, my good sir, the big bang is a THEORY, not reality, and ALL scientists who theorize about the big bang admit that nothing can come from nothing, and thats what they claim the big bang did.

Couldn't help but say this.... You two are both using the word "Theory" differently. Theory, hypothesis  are used in non-technical contexts to mean an untested idea or opinion. A theory in technical use is a more or less verified or established explanation accounting for known facts or phenomena: the theory of relativity.  A hypothesis  is a conjecture put forth as a possible explanation of phenomena or relations, which serves as a basis of argument or experimentation to reach the truth: This idea is only a hypothesis.

Anyway, I think Mossflower started a little before modern time. As time went on, humans learned about all sorts of new technology while they are still in a medieval-ish time. I imagine  they live in a preserved forest in Britain. :D

Coobreedan

I bet Brian wanted us the think hard like this.... :D

brocka

Same world, existing in an alternate medieval time frame, at the same time as our own. Can we travel there and back? Why not? I do it every day, along with my plushie critters. We have been helping the Redwallers decorate for the holidays,too. We have introduced popcorn and photos as well. Brian wanted us to imagine things, and I enjoy projecting possibilities about Redwall. Sometimes it is a distraction at work, though!

Superdreuzel

In the world of redwall, of course
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Icefire

As many people have said, Mossflower is in the hearts and minds of anyone who's read (or heard) the stories. It's always there, just waiting around the corner for you...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Blademaster

Also it could be a little like the world in the movie "Rango" where animals wre living in modern times with primitive tech in some small unknown island.
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Icefire

Mossflower is located in the world of literature and in the minds of Brian and all of his readers.  ;) That was either the smartest or the dimmest thing I've ever said.
Given those options I'd have to go with the smartest....of course I don't really know you so that could end up being an insult to your intelligence...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Robert

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_Map Ok this is map of Mossflower.MOSSFLOWER COUNTRY.In my head and in my heart mossflower exist and all mice and animals
But I do not know where is it and if exist.Mossflower is not a country on this planet.Is a country in our hearts and it will always exist.Mice,Redwall and everything in Mossflower country.And I'll never forget Brian Jacques  :'(
Win For Redwall!!!