News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lock This Topic Too! (By Next New Year's Day!!!)

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, October 31, 2019, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

O______O

. . . I have read Mossflower three times.
I have seen the name dozens of times.
And I have never once noticed it was spelled "Verdauga."
I thought it was "Verduga," and pronounced "vayr-doo-gah."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Verdauga on November 09, 2019, 05:34:51 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on November 09, 2019, 05:30:46 PM
*Gives Verduga a grammar nazi uniform.*
(*Grammar patriot.)

*Puts on the uniform.*

Heil, Grammar!

Zae zhould ve zrov Verdauga in ze cupboard? Let uz zee vho ztill getz ziz reference...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Matthias720

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Booklover on November 09, 2019, 09:09:44 PM
How do you pronounce it?
I pronounce it as 'ver-dah-oo-gah'. It's a pretty cool name, especially if you add 'Lord' in front and 'Greeneyes' at the end.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

The Skarzs

Yet another clever use of names Brian Jacques used.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on November 10, 2019, 02:08:11 AM
Quote from: Verdauga on November 09, 2019, 05:34:51 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on November 09, 2019, 05:30:46 PM
*Gives Verduga a grammar nazi uniform.*
(*Grammar patriot.)

*Puts on the uniform.*

Heil, Grammar!

Zae zhould ve zrov Verdauga in ze cupboard? Let uz zee vho ztill getz ziz reference...

Rain hasn't been here in a VERY long time... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Verdauga

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 09, 2019, 11:43:36 PM
O______O

. . . I have read Mossflower three times.
I have seen the name dozens of times.
And I have never once noticed it was spelled "Verdauga."
I thought it was "Verduga," and pronounced "vayr-doo-gah."
If you listen to the narrator in the "Escape the Gloomer" game he pronounces it that way. I don't think the pronunciation maters much, since everyone knows to whom we are referring.
And no, I don't get the reference.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Don't worry, nor do I. Unless it's referring to Harry Potter, but I think it's something to do with something in this forum.

Verdauga

That's what I think too.... apparently having to deal with Rainshadow, but alas, I did not know them. They popped in to say one last goodbye though.

Booklover

So basically I'd have no idea given I'm really new.

Verdauga

Well, we could trawl though Rainshadow's, Delthion's, and HIAG's posts, but I'm content.

Delthion

It's a reference to one of Rain's characters that she sometimes used throughout the cellars if I remember correctly.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.