News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Christmas Carols?

Started by Icefire, December 13, 2011, 03:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

So what are your favorites? Please post a link to your favorite Christmas songs...as well as the title of the song for people who aren't allowed to follow links.

My absolute favorite Christmas song is: It's about the Cross (WATCH IT!!!!!!)

One of my favorite funny christmas songs are: 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser (MUST SEE!!! Maudie, ask your parents. It's worth it!)

And, of course, I've got mention Carol of the Bells and Christmas Pipes by the amazing Celtic Woman! ;D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

straight no chaser is amazing at that song. i lol'ed the first time i heard them. my fav christmas carol has got to be "Have you self a merry littie christmas" idk why. i find it catchy.

fav christmas song ever (not carol) is "One Wintry Night"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qDy1qprzY by david phelps. man that guy can sing! its my dream to do it for choir :3
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

"O Holy Night" is my favorite.  I probably have about two dozen renditions of the carol and they're all lovely. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Icefire

That sounds like me with Carol of the Bells. I have 3 or 4 different versions already plus several I'd like to buy.

Another Christmas song I like is I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Casting Crowns. Totally worth your time.

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Icefire on December 13, 2011, 03:33:18 AM
(MUST SEE!!! Maudie, ask your parents. It's worth it!)

I did it was interesting how they mixed the songs together i like silent night, Little saint nick, rocking around the Christmas tree, and grandma got run over by a reindeer.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Captain Tammo

Heat and cold miser!
Also, Santa clause is coming to town by MJ and also the one by Bruce Springsteen
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lutra

QuoteHeat and cold miser!

I think you mean Snow Miser and Heat Miser from the Rankin Bass specials.  ;)

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy did an awesome cover of their songs.  http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heatmiser/dp/B001L4J726/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1324931781&sr=1-2
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Icefire

Quote from: Lutra on December 13, 2011, 12:23:46 PM
"O Holy Night" is my favorite.  I probably have about two dozen renditions of the carol and they're all lovely. :)
Have you heard Celtic Woman's version?