News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What order to read?

Started by Dlilly, December 14, 2011, 04:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlilly

Hello! I found the kid tv show Redwall on netflix. I watched it because I read the Warrior Cat series and I've heard they are similar. I bet the books are much better than the tv show. :p

I was wondering in what order I should read the books. I'm going to try to ask for the series for Christmas. My parents don't like how I'm obsessed with Warrior Cats and how there are so many books, so I might just ask for a few of the books.

~Thanks!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Hey Dilly. Welcome to the forum, you might want to introduce yourself in Cavern Hole. There's a pinned topic for introductions.

In General Redwall Information, there's two lists of the books, in publishing and chronolodgical order. Most of the books are independent, and most aren't sequels or prequels. The later books all have a whole new set of characters.

I personally already had all the books that were published when I started reading them. So I read the books in a mixture of chronolodgical and publishing order.
But really, you can read them in any order, and it shouldn't hurt too much.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Dlilly

Thank you for the link. I'll check it out.

I wasn't sure where to post my intro either.  :P Now I know! Thanks!

Icefire

Welcome!
It shouldn't hurt too much, but I'd beware reading them out of chronological order. I read them out of order not know there was an order and it ruined a couple books for me. Check out the list of sequels and you shouldn't have a problem.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

BadgerLordFiredrake

I have been reading them out of order, and it doesnt matter.  You see the connections even if you read the last, then the first, then random ones.  The first one is probably Lord Brocktree because he was teh first Badger Lord and his son, Boar the Fighter, made the Sword of Martin.
baby turtle forever

Marlfox70

I read them in the order they came out on the lists inside the books. I wasn't particularly disappointed by that order just things did seem to jump around because of it. So to each their own. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have over the years :)

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Icefire on December 14, 2011, 10:26:44 PM
Welcome!
It shouldn't hurt too much, but I'd beware reading them out of chronological order. I read them out of order not know there was an order and it ruined a couple books for me. Check out the list of sequels and you shouldn't have a problem.

yah read them like she said i read taggerung before the long patrol *Blushes*  :-[ ;)
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~