News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Books that you like

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 10:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

Quote from: Mariel on June 16, 2011, 11:38:35 PM
I've read the Hobbit, but not any of the other Lord of the Rings books.  I would like to try them, though.
I really like it, if not more than as much as redwall.
If you liked the hobbit.... then I think you'll really like The Lord of the Rings! ;)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

bubba8167

They're not really like Redwall, but I like The Dragon Keeper Chronicles, by Donita K. Paul. Especially, Dragonlight.

Actually, they're more like The Chronicles of Narnia.
I'm new here.

DanielofRedwall

Guardians of Ga'hoole by Kathryn Lasky.
I keep putting off reading Watership Down, but I'll read it some day!
Books with nothing similar to Redwall:
Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke
Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

My other favourite author is an Australian fantasy writer called Isobelle Carmody. Her Obernewtyn Chronicles are her best, in my opinion. I've been reading them for nearly as long as I've been reading Redwall. Has anyone else heard of her?

I agree with everyone else about Narnia and The Wind in the Willows, though it's been years since I read either of those series.

Martha Braebuck

Good series are:

Narnia, The Harper Hall trilogy (not the third book though...), Lord of The Rings,
Laura Ingalls Wilder series, The Inheritance, The city of ember series, there are tons I've read and enjoyed, not only Redwall. (I got in trouble for only reading Redwall!)
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

A great series is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. It teaches you all you need to know about Life, The Universe, and Everything.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 29, 2011, 01:05:06 AM
A great series is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. It teaches you all you need to know about Life, The Universe, and Everything.
My brother likes them.
Received mostly negative reviews.

gorath

I like the Eragon series. They're really cool. I also like LOTR.
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Log-a-Log

My favorite books are LOTR, Redwall, and Tow Sawyer
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Shinella

Besides the Redwall series it's probably the Protector of the Small series :)
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...