How long have you known about Redwall, and why do you like Redwall?

Started by Redwallfan7, February 15, 2012, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I've only known about this great series since fall 2011, but I've read a lot of the books already. I like it because it packs action, comedy, and animals all into one. Brian was a great author.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on February 15, 2012, 08:58:50 PM
I've only known about this great series since fall 2011, but I've read a lot of the books already. I like it because it packs action, comedy, and animals all into one. Brian was a great author.

the same as you! fall 2011 i finished the series except RC that fall!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Lord Brocktree

He was a wondrous author.

I have known about the Redwall Series for over 8 years.

Why do I like Redwall? The adventure is captivating, the feasts are mouthwatering, the wit is real, the characters can be sympathized with, the world of Redwall can be imagined long after you have read the books, the settings are like intricate paintings with words. I like everything about the series and I am positive that the books have shaped some of my decisions in life for the better.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Lily

I've been reading Redwall for 18 years, and it's still one of my favourite series. Why do I like it? It's hard to say. I like it now because it reminds me of my childhood and I can still pick up old favourites like Mossflower and enjoy them, no matter how many times I've read them. I liked them back then for the adventure, the accents and the writing style.

Redwall will always be part of who I am. :)

DanielofRedwall

Approximately 7 years, but I only started reading them 6 years ago. My brother loved them and I watched the TV series with him. I even played Redwall with him on vacation once. Then, in year two I read Redwall for the first time. It was the first lengthy novel I ever read an it took about half the year to read it! I've been obsessed with the books ever since. My brother has since "grown out of them", but I'm positive I never will.

As for why I like them, it's difficult to pinpoint just one thing. I just love Brian Jacques' writing style and all the battles, food, songs and riddles. The characters aren't weak characters and have plenty of personality. The books also teach great moral values.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skipper

i think it was about somewhere in 2008, once i started reading them i couldn't stop

Robert

Well ... first time was in 2008 when I watched the TV series, and I liked very much, then I decided to read books and informations,and until today I try to make drawings, exactly how did Brian :)
Win For Redwall!!!

Skipper

Quote from: Robert on February 16, 2012, 10:50:03 AM
and until today I try to make drawings, exactly how did Brian :)
Actually i belive Brian didn't do the drawings, someone else did

Bragoon

I don't believe Mr. Jacques ever did any artwork in the Redwall books, and I'm pretty sure he didn't draw any of the cartoons in his earlier, semi-biographical books either.

I've known about the books for six or seven years, but the first time I actually read any of them was early 2010, I believe.  Even then, I didn't really get into the series until early 2011, mostly due to a change of residence (moved from VA to NC) in 2010. 

I kinda just like everything about the books.  Nothing in particular stands out over another aspect.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

redwallgurl

I've read Redwall since somewhere in 2010 but started really loving them around the beginning of 2011. I then decided to check out some of the sites after a while and joined the forum which I'm going to stay in. I love Redwall the style of writing, jokes, action packed, and mostly for the songs listen to this all the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhvJ6cIy868 .
Fun. is a fantastic band.

2 quid is good

the first book i read was in 2008, but i remember watching the tv series on pop! in the uk whn i was in yr 2, it used to air with george shrinks!
I've been here throughout my formative years......

So please don't judge me by my tweenage posts XD

Lutra

I've known about Redwall since 1996 (so about 16 years) and why I liked it is because it was a cool blend of medieval history (love history) and animals, which I have another soft spot for.  I quickly read all of the books that were out up to that point, and kept that up till about Loamhedge.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

I first read Redwall in February 2011, and finished The Rogue Crew in December the same year. I have only known Redwall for roughly one year, but I'm sure I'll never grow out of them. I might read them less, but they'll always have a place in my 'Favourite Books' list. ;D Redwall is awesome!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Not to mention, Redwall is waaay more interesting than reality  ;)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Osu

I first picked up Redwall in 1999, I believe. I don't know why, exactly, I kept coming back to the series, because I wasn't really interested in this sort of thing back then. Interesting, isn't it? :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.