News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Saddest moment

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 11:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log a Log Grenn

What do you think was the saddest moment in any Redwall book?
Mine would definitely be Veil dying :'(
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Mariel

The part in Salamandastron when Mara comes home and finds that her father is dead and makes that long speech to him.  I always cry at that part: not just because it is sad, but because it is beautiful too.

Matthias720

For me, three moments stand out as being the saddest.

1. Rose dying in Martin the Warrior
2. The aftermath of Cluny's invasion in Redwall
3. Mattimeo and the other young ones being kidnapped in Mattimeo

Bananagirl

I  think for me it is when rose died in Martin the warrior. that part made me cry  :'( But on a more vague note, Martin's whole life was a very sad tale. 

Spring Breeze

Rose dying, usually makes me cry but what really makes me cry at that part is what Martin is saying to her.
Bragoon and Sarobando is the saddest part of any Redwall book for me.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Log a Log Grenn

Rose dying is very sad but I still think Veil died terribly
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Trisscar95

There are two moments that I think are saddest.
1. When Shog dies in Triss
2. when Rose dies in Martin the Warrior.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Superdreuzel

I found Veil quite sad. Although he was a rogue, he didn't deserve to be killed by his father.
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Osu

Cregga's death. It was a sort of smile-through-your-tears moment.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 12, 2011, 03:27:55 PM
For me, three moments stand out as being the saddest.

1. Rose dying in Martin the Warrior
2. The aftermath of Cluny's invasion in Redwall
3. Mattimeo and the other young ones being kidnapped in Mattimeo
I have to agree with you on #1 that's probably the saddest moment in all of Redwall.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Redwall Musician

I don't really cry to much while reading Redwall. Rose is really sad, but anyone dying is sad.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Mariel

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 16, 2011, 08:22:27 PM
I don't really cry to much while reading Redwall. Rose is really sad, but anyone dying is sad.

Me too.  I know this isn't really in the spirit of the thing, but it's hard for me to get upset when the characters die.  After all, they are just rodents.  Still, this is why Redwall is appropriate for young readers so I don't really mind it.

Storm

I think that the saddest moment in redwall is when they think that Rosie is dead in the bell maker. She's one of my favorite characters. Also most of the legend of Luke.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

martins#1fan

Quote from: Mariel on June 16, 2011, 11:43:31 PM

Me too.  I know this isn't really in the spirit of the thing, but it's hard for me to get upset when the characters die.  After all, they are just rodents.  Still, this is why Redwall is appropriate for young readers so I don't really mind it.
True they are rodents, however, Brian meant for them to be more like people than rodents.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Mariel

Quote from: martins#1fan on June 17, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: Mariel on June 16, 2011, 11:43:31 PM

True they are rodents, however, Brian meant for them to be more like people than rodents.

Yes, sometimes when I'm reading I forget what species they are as the line blurs between human and rodent.