News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

is it just me

Started by Mad Maudie, March 02, 2012, 07:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Maudie

is it just me? Or does The rouge crew seem a little depressing? i mean it could be cause i was depressed when i read it but I'm not sure... would like other opinions.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

It depends on what parts you mean.  On a whole, I found it to be one of the funniest books as far as open jokes go, but there were some serious parts. 
The parts that I found to be rather sad were all things that we'd dealt with in Redwall before, so it didn't strike me as depressing. 

That said, I'm not really the type to get depressed by much, so I may just be different.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Mad Maudie

well i, went through it in a day and i, was depressed cause of personal stuff, and cause Brian Jacques died so that was part i, need to get it again though.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

Yep, other things going on can affect your memories of things. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dotti

I thought it was a little......different I guess, from the other books.  I think it was slightly more depressing, but the thing that struck me the most was the northern otters' casual manner about killing.  While the Long Patrol is pretty casual, the otters were....I guess more bloodthirsty or something. 
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Mad Maudie

True they did seem a little more bloodthirsty.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

I think it was a nice contrast though.  It showed that the Long Patrol, for all their prowess and experience in battle, really aren't all that bad.  It could be worse, even on the side fighting against the vermin.