News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Weapon

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

True. I like spears the best, 'cos they're long, and you can cause quite a bit of damage.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

mattimouse20

i really like the sling shot used by tiria wildlough from the book, High Rhulain. 8)  i hear she never misses!
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Ceteruler

Quote from: Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill on January 05, 2012, 03:02:04 AM
QuoteArrows are definitely the safest weapons to use,

Not really since the enemy archers will be firing back and your a lot less likely to dodge a hail of arrows than block a sword/club/axe/spear.

But it's easier to hide behind a rock and shoot at someone than hiding behind a rock and swinging a sword at someone.

Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill

Well you won't get shot but you won't be hitting anything either.

Ceteruler

You can stand up, fire, and duck down again.

Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill

QuoteYou can stand up, fire, and duck down again.

Firing an arrow is not that easy, long bowman generally could only shoot about ten times a minute without aiming and it usually misses even on open ground.

Ceteruler

But skilled archers, even when hiding in a tree, can fire once every three seconds.

Skipper

i like dirks and anytype of sword, also slings and bows'n'arrows

Bragoon

I think spears, lances, pikes, and javelins are sadly under-used.  There are some creatures who use them effectively, Felldoh for instance, but it would've been nice to see more.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

I like swords, daggers, slings, bow and arrows and pikes. ;D In short anything that causes damage. 8)

Tannsrall

I love Bows and Arrows (and not because I am a good shot with them)
but Whats the use of a long range weapon if the foe is to close? So my second is either a dirk or short sword.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Redwallfan7

slings, bows and arrows, or daggers
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

ryanbrian

There are lots of weapons in all different games but some weapons are special and have some unique power added to it. MY favourite weapon is Bow and Arrow so I can point anyone from far.

White One6193

What! no Mention of Orlando's eponymous Axe? for shame, my friends!

Battleaxes are awesome! 'course, I'm of scandinavian descent, so that might be a genetic thing...

Double-headed axes are best, but bearded axes work in a pinch, too. I like a nice long handle, for better reach, but a short handle works best when one is armed with a shield.

And on the subject of bows, what about a repeating crossbow? the Romans invented 'em. They had a forty-bolt magazine, and could launch a bolt about once a second if fired correctly. Basically a machine gun without the gun powder. range of about 50 yards.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!