News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Position

Started by Redwaller, May 28, 2012, 12:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Just an idea...

Maybe, when you change position, you should either receive a message, or a sort of popup saying like: Congratulations, you have become a ........ member.  :P

Bragoon

I don't think it's necessary.  Ranks aren't a major facet of the forum, and I think they can easily detract from what the real focus should be - making meaningful posts that contribute to the forum.  You don't want to have a rank just because you posted "Right" or "I agree" in every topic on the forum.  You want to be recognized for the things you say and the way you express your opinions, not just how often you post.  The rank is just an extra tacked on.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwaller

Admin question:

Are you thinking of making another position when you reach 1000?
Because members are climbing quickly towards it!

Lutra

No.  A majority of our members will likely not reach that number just because they do not post that frequently or many of their posts are in sections where post count is disabled.

And Bragoon answered your other question perfectly. ;) I couldn't have said it better.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Supposing that there was a lot of members that DO reach it; are you going to do it? And how many members would you need before it was possible?

Lutra

Its not something I think is really necessary given less than half a percent of our regulars are at that number.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

k... so it may be possible if there's more people that reach it?

Lutra

Yes, ask again when its more commonplace.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Lutra on June 05, 2012, 12:01:48 AM
Its not something I think is really necessary given less than half a percent of our regulars are at that number.
Only half a percent? There aren't even 100 regualrs on here... Are there?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rakkety tam

i would say theres about 50 60 maybe 70 regular members on here but half a percent is tiny and i know we at least have 5 members in 1000 thats like more than a half percent like 3 and a half or 4
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lutra

I looked at our number of registered members when I came up with that number.  That would be 1,200 members.

Even if you look at 4 members above 1,000, that's still 4%.  Not exactly a big number either. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rakkety tam

well its more than a half percent
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Matthias720

We get what you're saying; his number was a bad estimate. Regardless, we will not be adding in a new rank in the foreseeable future. There is no point in continuing to ask.

Redwaller

Lutra

Quote from: Redwaller on July 09, 2012, 09:31:31 PM
What about now?

No.  ;)  I can count on two hands how many members have over 1,000 posts or are really close to breaking that.  That's not many members on this forum.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra