Do you think BJ should have put humans in Redwall?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 01, 2011, 06:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Salamandastron probably wouldnt be able to be destroyed. It's still a mountain, even to badgers, who would come up to a humans' knee on all fours. Probably to the waist standing up. So it'd still be a mountain
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwall Musician

Humans don't work and that's that. So why must we question it further?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

James Gryphon

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 15, 2011, 06:24:33 AM
Well, because they only don't work if you want to have a series that looks like it does now.

I don't think there's anything wrong with imagining the possibilities, though, or how different it would be if there were humans in the Redwall universe.

It's akin to some fan fiction I've read or heard about where some of which species are good/evil are switched around, so you might have villainous badgers, or that take place in the distant future of the series, where the creatures have access to modern technology.

Even if they're not your cup of tea, they're still the result of imagination and creativity, wondering, "What if..."

I think the concept of humans in the Redwall world might be worth consideration, and that it'd be interesting to think about how they might have changed the series, even if most people probably like it better the way things are now.
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Please stop calling Brian Jacques "BJ". It just sounds disrespectful. Call him Brian, Mr. Jacques, or Brian Jaques. Seriously guys.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 15, 2011, 06:24:33 AM

I like this no nonsense approach.  To add a human you'd need to consider relative size...are the mice as big as humans or do the humans tower over the mice?  Those spears would give a pretty nasty cut on your big toe to say the least!  ;D  There's just no way to make it work, and not face a ton of continuity issues in the story if you had to consider everything relative to the size of a human, leaving all other fantasy elements (e.g. magic) out of the story.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

*shrug* I just don't know. Redwall Abbey has to be tall enough for birds to nest on top of. Maybe that's one of the things you're not supposed to question.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

martins#1fan

Maybe, if the humans and rodents were the same size...... then again, humans would probably just try to take over Redwall. You guys know how that is. No offense to the Germans but, hence Hitler, he tried to take over the entire WORLD let alone one little abbey.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Osu

Ahaha, I think comparing all humans to Hitler is a little harsh. If I'd been dropped into Mossflower, first thing I'd do is track down Salamandastron and study its mysteries first hand! And then to Redwall for some serious scoffing. Hey, those rodents are good cooks. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'd go to Redwall first myself.

If I were to go to Redwall though, I'd be an otter, not a human.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

Aww, where's the fun in that? ....no, nevermind. ;) (I'd be a hare.)

Even so, a Redwall bajillions of years down the road, say, with human researchers discovering it wouldn't be so bad, right?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Osu on July 22, 2011, 03:52:13 PM
Aww, where's the fun in that? ....no, nevermind. ;) (I'd be a hare.)

Even so, a Redwall bajillions of years down the road, say, with human researchers discovering it wouldn't be so bad, right?

No it wouldn't.  but we'd have to create a sort of star trek prime directive in order to explore it XD  Personally i want to go to Redwall and scoff.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Lutra

I don't think having Redwall discovered by humans in an alternative universe would be a good thing. ^^
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

How about humans in an alternate dimension observing the lives and adventures of Redwallers on a pan-dimensional viewing screen?

Lutra

^ Say what?  :D

How about just a plain old computer?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

What if the Redwallers discovered our dimension?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.