News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin the Warrior: The book.

Started by martins#1fan, July 02, 2011, 08:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 06, 2011, 01:38:10 AM
Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 06, 2011, 01:26:28 AM
Yes, Doomwyte was not one of the better books

I'd have to say that the series did get a little repetitive for me. The same sort of thing happened over and over and over. It made the books look.... Predictable... Still, it's my favorite series but sometimes I need a break from it.... A very very small break....
Although I didn't like Doomwyte that much, I really enjoyed the Sable Quean and I thought the Rogue Crew was a good final book
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

martins#1fan

I loved The Sable Quean
OH by the way, back to the book.
We haven't mentioned Skalrag or Hisk or Fleabane have we?
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Skalrag of Marshank

I LOVE SKALRAG!!!! For some reason, I always liked the show better than the book. Aside from Skalrag's...ah...demise.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

Demise?????
I just got Martin the Warrior from a bookshop, which inspired me to watch the rest of the movie. I don't really like how they did Rowanoak, though. She is pretty small, and looks like the bearded lady. XD. Still, I have a soft spot for all badgers.  ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

You know how Skalrag got tickled to death in the show? That's what I meant. Yeah, I don't like how they made Ballaw and Rowanoak look.

Vocabulary Lesson of the Day: Demise=Death.
  ~ Larry Boy

martins#1fan

Yes, they shouldn't have had him tickled to death, they should have at least shot him, but show the archers firing the arrows, instead of showing Skalrag pined to the wall by arrows.
I hope that makes sense.  ::)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Lutra

Skalrag's death scene in the show gives new meaning to "laughing yourself to death" which supposedly can be done.  Its not likely to be done because you simply pass out if you can't breathe.  Chances of dying from it are pretty slim to none.  I think the arrows could have been used without harming any innocent childhoods.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. Sucky death for my favorite character. :'(
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwall Musician

Skalrag's death did bother me. My brothers and sister were like, why are they tickling him? They didn't even know he died.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skalrag of Marshank

I have decided to rewatch the show! I'm on part 2 of the first episode on Youtube. ;D
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

One thing about Martin the Warrior I have always wondered about is that on the map, the cliffs are called the South Cliffs, while south of them are the North Hills. And in the book, they say at one point they head south to the cliffs, while, according to the map, they are really traveling north. Seems strange
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Ohhhhh...I wish I could say I wondered about that too, but I can't because I didn't... :-[ I wouldn't know, sorry!
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

I always wonder about the accuracy of the maps.  The most recent one in Rogue Crew kind of contradicts alot of stories we've read.  There seems to be almost nothing between Redwall and Salamandastron if you're to believe that map.  The trek to the mountain never seemed that easy or without crossing mountains or forests.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

Did Brian Jacques make the maps or did somebody else?
  ~ Larry Boy

Lily

I assume he would have given an illustrator a rough design and they would have drawn the maps. I'm guessing it would have been the illustrator responsible for the chapter icons like David Elliot or Gary Chalk. Does anyone know?