News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

That was a cool movie.

What's your favorite of the Star Trek movies? (The Motion Picture-Nemesis)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Thanquol

"Yes-yes, whereas Queek the Mighty here. We will win. Nothing else is important. We will destroy. Queek will show the whole world that Queek is the mightiest, the best, the most deadly! We will see what Gnawdwell says about orders then."

-Queek Headtaker

Hickory

"To all members of the Maquis Resistance: This is Captain Sisko of the USS Defiant. In response to the Maquis's use of biogenic weapons in their recent attacks, I am about to take the following action: in exactly one hour, I will detonate two quantam torpedos that will scatter trilithium resin into the atmosphere of Solosis III. I will thereby make the planet uninhabitable to all human life for the next 50 years. I suggest evacuation plans begin immediately."

–Benjamin Sisko, Deep Space Nine
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Love, Simon

"So tell me about this guy you like?"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah. It'll help me kill off hetero Simon in my head."
"You don't have to kill him off."
"Too late. I'm hacking him up with a machete as we speak."
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

@Delthion
Spoiler
1 Wrath of Khan
2 First Contact
3 Nemisis
4 Search for Spock
5 Voyage Home
6 Generations
7 Undiscovered Country
8 Motion Picture (it's been a while since I've seen it though)
9 Insurrection
10 Final Frontier
[close]
Quote from: Hickory on April 08, 2018, 03:48:26 AM
"To all members of the Maquis Resistance: This is Captain Sisko of the USS Defiant. In response to the Maquis's use of biogenic weapons in their recent attacks, I am about to take the following action: in exactly one hour, I will detonate two quantam torpedos that will scatter trilithium resin into the atmosphere of Solosis III. I will thereby make the planet uninhabitable to all human life for the next 50 years. I suggest evacuation plans begin immediately."

–Benjamin Sisko, Deep Space Nine
Somedays Sisko is my favorite captain.
Speaking of which...

"There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold". Well, I guess we're about to find out"
-Benjamin Sisko

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

L'Rell: T'Kuvma sought to strengthen and unify the Great Houses. If he has succeeded in only this, it is cause for celebration.

Cornwell: Your 'Great Houses' are carving up Federation assets among their factions. A captured Starbase bears the insignia of House D'Gor, not of the Klingon Empire. Is that the kind of unity your 'messiah' proclaimed? They think nothing of the collateral damage caused by their brutal attacks. They target civilians, hospitals, food convoys. They slaughter innocents, and inspire terror across the quadrant.

L'Rell: This is war. Not a child's game with rules. We fight to preserve Klingon identity.

Cornwell: No one is looking to destroy your culture! Our laws are founded in equality! Freedom!

L'Rell: T'Kuvma taught us that the Federation cannot help itself. It seeks universal homogenization and assimilation.

Cornwell: T'Kuvma... was an ignorant fool. And your people are moving closer and closer to my home planet. What are you looking for? More territory? Conditional surrender? Your people won't even make demands, why? How does this war end?

L'Rell: It doesn't. The Klingons have tasted your blood. Conquer us. Or we will never relent.

Star Trek: Discovery

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Thanquol

"Had I been firstborn, the people of Khemri would have served me gladly, and the city would have prospered. If you would blame anyone, blame those damned gods you so adore. It was they who made me no more than a second son. It was their will who ultimately sealed you inside that tomb."
—Nagash

The Skarzs

"You don't need a letter giving our latest doings. What you need is a quart of iodine in your thyroid gland." ~Dale Carnegie, How To Win Friends and Influence People

(Keep in mind this was as a response to a bad example, not a recommendation. I just find it hilarious how blunt he was.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

"The most powerful thing in the world is someone who knows what they want 30 years from now." -My Speech and Debate teacher
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

"I wonder if the stories of Salyavin were exaggerated?"
"More than likely. The Time Lords over-react to everything. Look at the way they treat me. I expect at some time in the future, about two hundred years time, someone will meet me and say, is that really the Doctor? He seemed such a nice old man."
~ Romana and the Doctor, Doctor Who: Shada

The Skarzs

Quote from: Maudie on April 12, 2018, 07:32:35 PM
"The most powerful thing in the world is someone who knows what they want 30 years from now." -My Speech and Debate teacher
Oh, I like that.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Thanquol

I DO NOT SERVE!

I RULE!

-Settra

Søren

"Have you ever seen the aftermath of a suicide bombing? I have. June 29th, 2003. I was meeting two associates at the Marouche restaurant in Tel Aviv. As my car was pulling up, a 20-year-old Palestinian named Ghazi Safar entered the restaurant and detonated a vest wired with C-4. The shock wave knocked me flat, blew out my eardrums. I couldn't hear. The smoke... It was like being under water. I went inside. A nightmare. Blood, parts of people. You could tell where Safar was standing when the vest blew. It was like a perfect circle of death. There was almost nothing left of the people closest to him. Seventeen dead, 46 injured. Blown to pieces. The closer they were to the bomber, the more horrific the effect. That's every suicide. Every single one. An act of terror perpetrated against everyone who's ever known you. Everyone who's ever loved you. The people closest to you, the ones who cherish you are the ones who suffer the most pain, the most damage. Why would you do that? Why would you do that to people who love you?"
-Raymond Reddington, The Blacklist

Jetthebinturong

"Really there are only two types of weather: hoodie weather and weather where you wear a hoodie anyway."
~ Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, Becky Albertalli

Never has there been so true a statement.