News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow of Korriban

The latest Clone Wars episode was exquisite! ^-^  It had to be one of the best things crafted by Dave Filoni's hands.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah dinnae vant tae zee anyzin' from ziz zae-caved 'nev zeazon' unlezz zey 'ave confirmed it tae be ze REAL Ztar Varz Canon und ae ziz Disney rubbizh.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

However much we dislike it, the Disney rubbish is the real canon.

That being said, Clone Wars season 7 is based on the unfinished arcs of the series that they were already planning, and written and created by the original showrunners. So it is accurate to their original vision for the show.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Speaking of, the latest episode (Episode 10) was even better than the last one. Sam Witwer's stunning performance as Maul was definitely the highlight – it's amazing how much he's helped to bring the character to life over the years. Certainly one of the best performances in the show, if not Star Wars altogether.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

I definitely feel that the Clone Wars series really fleshes out the Star Wars universe and adds a lot of complexity which (due to the constraints of the medium) simply isn't present. Multifacted political situations, a closer look at the function of the Jedi in the Republic, a humane representation of clone troopers (who, usually, are the best characters), and of course the brilliant character of Ahsoka Tano.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

I just finished watching episode 11, and it's undoubtedly one of the best episodes ever made for The Clone Wars. The acting, the visuals, and the story are all impeccably done, all bolstered by Kevin Kiner's incredible score. Dee Bradley Baker and Ashley Eckstein both gave riveting and compelling performances as well. I hope that Disney recognizes the impact these episodes have had on the fans and they continue to produce more, because this is some of the highest quality Star Wars content produced outside of the films and it's something I want to see more of. I would rather a single new season of Clone Wars than an entire Rebels or Resistance series.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

"Outside the films."

Nah, the films pale in comparison to some of the best episodes.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shadow of Korriban

Deary me!  The latest episode was so glorious in all aspects.  I am truly stunned at the splendor of Dave Filoni's prowess. :)
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

One-Eye the wildcat

I grew up watching the clone wars. It's my favorite show of all time.

There was this scene that I remember really well. This was in season 4 or 5, in the Krell arc. I don't remember all the details, but that one line that Fives said is still in my head somewhere. "We are not a bunch of unthinking droids!" Eh, it's not the best line in the season, but it's pretty good.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Shadow of Korriban

Deary Me!  This latest 22 minute block buster was exquisite in every known quality.  Dave may work for Disney, but his grey matter exceeds 96 cubits in volume.  He clearly had a wide intellectual boost over his teen years. ^-^

The Skarzs

Just watched the last episode of Clone Wars. Man. . . was that good. The action scenes, how they showcased Maul's power in the force, the sadness with knowing it could end no other way, the music. . . Probably my favorite episode ever. Absolutely loved it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Right?  It was so so so good.  I can't believe it's all over.  Ugh, it was such a good episode.  The animation, the music, everything.  When the credits rolled, Sheev and I just sat there and didn't move, staring at the screen for a good minute or so, not wanting to break the spell.  I'm still not over it.  I need more.

Maybe it's time to embark on a rewatch of Rebels in an effort to fill the void in my heart...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tungro

Rebels was meh. I only watched it for Maul and Ashoka (that was good)

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 06, 2020, 04:21:17 AM
Right?  It was so so so good.  I can't believe it's all over.  Ugh, it was such a good episode.  The animation, the music, everything.  When the credits rolled, Sheev and I just sat there and didn't move, staring at the screen for a good minute or so, not wanting to break the spell.  I'm still not over it.  I need more.
I suppose that's another part of what makes it so good: It's the end of a story. It feels complete, even if it's sad.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

I should probably watch this one day, so I know what everyone is talking about. I've watched a few episodes, but not the entire tv series yet.  :P
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!