News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Ah but he still won while Yoda did not...

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rusvul

Just because you beat someone in a game of chess, or poker, or any other game at all doesn't mean you're better than they are. You might have just been lucky, they might have gone easy on you, your opponent may have made a critical error, you may have fluked an amazing play... There are too many variables for a battle to be any kind of objective comparison.

(I wouldn't actually know who is more powerful. But the above is true.)

Hickory

Agreed. It is the many variables of battle that actually decide the outcome. On the other hand... Yoda lost because he had to relenquish the stand-off. Otherwise... well,, let's just leave it at that.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Dannflower Reguba

He had a lightsaber to deal with the tank. Also, when fighting Darth Sidious, he had the help of Kit Fisto and two other Jedi at the start. And Yoda didn't lose.... Who sticks around a place that is likely crawling with things that want to kill while fighting their most potent weapon. I don't remember the specifics of the fight, but if Yoda and Sidious went toe-to-toe in some random location where neither had the advantage, my money'd be on Yoda. Also, what Rus said  :P.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

Yes but Sidious dispatched Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin very quickly, the only person other than Windu to give him trouble was Fisto which I find surprising as Tiin is supposed to be a master of lightsaber combat. I've never really cared about Kolar so I don't know his capabilities but it seems unrealistic that he would also die so easily
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Izeroth

It makes sense that Sidious won the fight, but I think it should have gone on longer than it did. These are trained masters, and Sidious can just kill them instantly? Though, you do have to remember that Sidious had the element of surprise. The Jedi might not have been expecting Sidious to be as good as he was.

Søren

I think Windu could have beat Sidious if Anakin hadn't interfered.

I'm retired from the forum

Izeroth

Windu did beat Sidious, and he was about to execute him when Anakin interfered.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Izeroth on January 09, 2015, 10:11:44 PM
Windu did beat Sidious, and he was about to execute him when Anakin interfered.

What he said, to add though, Windu kicked Sidious's butt. There was no contest, Sidious ran back to his "I'ma shoot lightnin' everywhere!" tactic, and Windu just blew him off. Anakin is the sole reason that turnabout happened...... Quick question, if Darth Maul gets to survive a drop into forever after being cut in half.... How come Windu doesn't get to live from a cut off arm and a much lesser fall?... saved by the cries of millions of fanboys....

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Søren

Because Darth Maul is awesomer.
Just kidding. Good question though...

Jetthebinturong

Okay so I just read Son of Dathomir and while Talzin was having her lightning duel against Sidious I was yelling at Maul to go up and stab Sidious right in his back, MAUL COULD HAVE ENDED THE CLONE WARS AND PUT A STOP TO THE EMPIRE! Anyway that comic made Maul a lot more likable as a character (and Sidious a lot more hateable).

How many times in fiction do bad guys steal other people's children and raise them for their own purposes?

Oh and Maul can hold his own in a fight against Windu and Aayla Secura, that's awesome

I'm very annoyed they chose to cancel Clone Wars when they did, Disney were like "Yes we could have some interesting story arcs including another one of those things that was used to build the Death Star, a meeting between Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress and a fight between Darth Maul, General Greivous, Count Dooku, Darth Sidious and Mother Talzin but listen, we have to have REBELS! Everyone loves a good rebel"

THEY CHOSE REBELS OVER WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE MOST EPIC DUEL IN STAR WARS HISTORY

Dannflower Reguba

I kind of enjoy Rebels, but I agree, the Clone Wars was done better, and the animation was more preferable. Anyone know/remember what the purple lightsaber is attributed too? I'm having a brain fart right now. Blue denoted saber prowess, green was force capability, red was sith, yellow was Sentinel, but I can't remember what purple white and orange were. I also fail to see how an apprentice would be capable of fighting either Mace or Aayla, they were a couple of the most powerful masters, or at least Windu was, I'm not sure how strong Aayla was (I'm kinda biased towards her because I love the Twi'lek race because they're all awesome) in comparison to others. Now don't get me wrong, Maul was strong, but he WAS defeated by a padawan (granted, it was Obi-Won Kenobi, but even so). Also, I doubt he was ever as strong as he was in episode 1 after he lost his real legs. Again, nothing against Maul, he's an interesting character, but I just don't see him taking Jedi masters.

Søren

I still haven't seen Rebels. But I did see the Clone Wars, all the seasons, including the Nextflix one. That one was the best I think.

Jetthebinturong

I wasn't aware that the colour  of your lightsaber meant anything. Does the force guide the younglings to choose their appropriate crystal? Wait, in that episode of Clone Wars, wasn't it said that each youngling was guided to one specific crystal?

I think Maul's fighting prowess came from when Mother Talzin used her magick to clear his mind and build him his new legs, after she did it to Savage he was a lot more powerful, the same could be true of Maul.

I still haven't seen Rebels but I do intend to, personally I'm more interested in the Clone Wars as an era than the Galactic Civil War

Søren

I didn't know about that either. (I didn't read all his post).  I looked it up, and Wookiepedia didn't have a clear definition. But Origami Yoda did:
Direct Quote:
SuperFolder SFHansel
Some people wonder what does each lightsaber colour mean? Or how many colours of lightsabers there is? Well here is your answer.
How many colours are there? 11 colours
What are they? Red, Orange, Gold, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple,Bronze, White, Black, and Silver
What do they mean?
Blue = To protect Users: Anakin Skywalker, Obi- Wan, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, Plo-Koon, and Ki- Adi- Mundi
Green = Peace Users: Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Qui- Gon Jinn, Jacen Solo, Kit Fisto, and Ahsoka Tano
Yellow = To keep the Sith away and to patrol the galaxy Users: Plo- Koon and 3 others
Red = Don't grow naturally (No meaning) Users: Palpatine, Darth Vader, Count Duku, Darth Maul, Darth Craidus, and 1 other
Purple = Used by people who were siths for a short time then became jedi Users: Mace Windu, Mara Jade Skywalker, Jana Solo, The Dark Woman, Kit Darren, and Jaden Kor
Orange = Used for negotiation Users: Yaddle, and... Plo-Koon again? Jesus...
Gold = Very high skilled Users: Q – Ron
Bronze = Rare and used for strong jedi Users: Lobacca
Silver = Calm Users: Korren Horn and 1 other
White = light source Users: Imperial Knights
Black or Darksaber = Stronger than the sith lightsaber Users: Darth Maul, Pre Visla
I'm not sure if Mace Windu was a former Sith, I'll look that up too.