Castaways of the Flying Dutchman Discussion

Started by Matthias720, July 07, 2011, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Tannsrall

It have to do this media presentation for English on verbs and My two characters names are Ben and Ned. ;D
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Dannflor

Brian sure does love riddles

Oh great is ned going to be a dog or a boy
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Primrosewarrior

I was watching a movie and they mention cape horn and my bro goes:"is that?-" and I go:"yep". ;D

gorath

Yep?
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Primrosewarrior

Felldoh154

one of my favorite series of all time. I love these books, perhaps even more than redwall series. I just wish there were more  :-\

White One6193

Quote from: Bragoon on March 23, 2012, 10:14:04 PM
I think it's one of the best parts of the books, despite the fact that I disagree with a good deal of the nitty-gritty details.  I'm willing to overlook it, considering there are few glaring theological problems, and no major ones that I can bring to mind quickly. 

I suppose it depends on your religious beliefs, but I think it's a healthy dose of reality that some people could use.

Well, the books place forth a very Catholic idea of justice and theology, so Brian was probably using that most ancient of writing axioms: "Write who and what you know'.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwaller

Is the serie good? And what is the summary?

W0NWILL

QuoteThe story starts by vaguely introducing a fourteen-year-old nameless boy, who at the beginning has no parents and is a mute. He is apparently running away from his life as an abused orphan, and accidentally slips on the Flying Dutchman as a stowaway. He is found, and made to work with the cook, Petros, an antagonistic character who abuses him. Petros names the boy Neb, which is short for Nebuchadnezzar. One day, while the crew is off drinking in the port town of Esbjerg, a dog wanders onto the ship and is befriended by Neb. He names the dog Denmark, after the country he found the dog in. They strike up an immediate friendship.

That's the first part. I'm not showing any more.

Redwaller

Felldoh154

It's a great book you definetly should read it

redwallgurl

you should read it its like Mr. Brian's style of wirting but with a different plot
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Felldoh154

And it has people, not animals, and each book has the same main characters, rather than new ones every book