News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Your favourite sport

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 10, 2011, 03:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite sport?

Soccer
6 (23.1%)
Cricket
3 (11.5%)
Netball
1 (3.8%)
Basketball
3 (11.5%)
Swimming
6 (23.1%)
Cycling
3 (11.5%)
Car Racing
0 (0%)
Baseball
5 (19.2%)
Football
6 (23.1%)
Hockey
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Dannflower Reguba

Soccer 1st! Swimming 2nd! P.S. What's net ball? Is that your way of saying Lacrosse?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I only like sports on the Wii. Lol, but no I guess I like to run and ride bikes.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lily

It wasn't until I moved overseas that I realised most people from countries outside the Commonwealth have no idea what netball is! The wikipedia page does a better job of explaining it than I could:
QuoteNetball is a ball sport played between two teams of seven players. Its development, derived from early versions of basketball, began in England in the 1890s. [...]

Games are played on a rectangular court with raised goal rings at each end. Each team attempts to score goals by passing a ball down the court and shooting it through its goal ring. Players are assigned specific positions, which define their roles within the team and restrict their movement to certain areas of the court. During general play, a player with the ball can hold onto it for only three seconds before shooting for a goal or passing to another player. The winning team is the one that scores the most goals. Netball games are 60 minutes long.

It's similar to basketball, I guess. I played it for eight years when I was at school. I'm not really that big of a fan, to be honest. I'm terrible at sports.

Skipper

No boxing? oh well i picked football.

Flandor

Ice hockey!!! I'm from Buffalo; we eat sleep breathe hockey.  Hopefully the Sabres will do better next year though.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Calaron

Martial arts and rock climbing, though those didn't make the poll.

Flandor

Quote from: Calaron on June 08, 2012, 12:56:11 PM
Martial arts and rock climbing, though those didn't make the poll.

What martial arts do you study? I do Krav Maga. I'm terrible at rock climbing though; I don't like heights.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Lily, I'm terrible at sports too. lol.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

i have a soccer tournament this weekend so of course soccer i love it
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

My cousin goes to soccer tournaments all over the world. She's been to California and Las Vegas.

UNKN0WN

My Favorite Sport is SWORD TAG

SpiderMonkey

I googled that and it looks interesting.  If I can convince my friends, I may try it. my favorite sport is probably tennis, track and field, and wiffle ball, if that qualifies as a sport.

Rainshadow

Swimming and HOCKEY!!!!!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

UNKN0WN

Redwallfan7

I like to watch some sports, but I dont really like to play them. My brother was on a hockey team when he was in grade school.