News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Summer topic

Started by Matthias720, June 18, 2011, 05:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

In three days the Northern Hemisphere will experience the Summer solstice, and with the solstice comes the official start of Summer. What are your plans for the upcoming season?

I plan to enjoy my air-conditioned job at my college's computer center, chilling with some good books, and spending time here with all y'all wonderful people. ;)

Martha Braebuck

I'm going to enjoy summer when it gets here!!  ;D
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Trigoma

ima play video games all day! and go outside or read! redwall of course!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Trigoma on June 18, 2011, 08:50:08 PM
ima play video games all day! and go outside or read! redwall of course!

Nah, I want to be outside as much as I can!! I <3 outside!
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Summer is already here in the southern US and will only get more miserable as time progresses. I think I might migrate to Alaska until the heat dies down a bit. :c
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Where I live in the US it gets really hot (to us at least) during the summer. Then in the winter it's freezing. I will do my normal stuff, read, chores, video games, and go outside.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Osu on June 19, 2011, 12:25:28 AM
Summer is already here in the southern US and will only get more miserable as time progresses. I think I might migrate to Alaska until the heat dies down a bit. :c

Mind if I come too?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lily

Summer is extremely humid here in Japan, so I'll be trying to move as little as possible! Last summer was the hottest on record, so I'm just hoping it won't be like that again. Ugh. As for my plans, when there are no classes to teach I'll be reading, er, I mean, lesson planning! I also want to travel. Where to go, where to go...

Bananagirl

I don't think summer will ever get here in my state  :'(, its still rainy and kind of cold, but it is improving , just really slowly. i plan to play out side and play video games and hangout with friends and just generally enjoy the time i have before i have to start school again.

DanielofRedwall

Summer? Over here in Australia it's winter! It's been raining heaps (yes, it does rain in Australia!) and quite cold. That being said, it's Aussie Rules footy season, the best sport in the world, so I don't mind too much!  ;D
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 19, 2011, 08:14:40 AM
Summer? Over here in Australia it's winter! It's been raining heaps (yes, it does rain in Australia!) and quite cold. That being said, it's Aussie Rules footy season, the best sport in the world, so I don't mind too much!  ;D

Yay, another Australian! I don't live there at the moment, but I still call Australia home. Japan is my second home.

Aussie Rules, the best sport in the world? Are you from Victoria, by any chance? ;) Which team are you barracking for?

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lily on June 19, 2011, 08:26:32 AM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 19, 2011, 08:14:40 AM

Yay, another Australian! I don't live there at the moment, but I still call Australia home. Japan is my second home.

Aussie Rules, the best sport in the world? Are you from Victoria, by any chance? ;) Which team are you barracking for?
N'up, I'm from WA, but sometimes my footy obsession makes me wonder if I'm a victorian trappd in a WA body. I go for the mighty West Coast Eagles! Going quite well this year, a lot better than last year...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Mariel

I'm going to be pretty busy this summer...running, summer reading, playing lacrosse, music, summer school, camp and vacation are lined up so far. 

Martha Braebuck

wow, all you guys in the US are too hot, want to change weather with Canada? I could use some nice weather  :-\
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Matthias720

Here in the northeastern US, we are currently experiencing mild to hot weather, with the occasional chance for a cold front.