News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Crossed Swords Plotting Round 3

Started by BrookSkimmer, April 22, 2013, 11:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Here are your dueling partners! Feel free to discuss what you need to here and/or via PM's!

Vannøyne vs. Navarre

Liv Aegis vs. Skulrig

Xbalantie vs. Farril

Frost vs. Gavin Asher

Nevfae vs. Golfar the Veil

Marcus vs. Vela

Spera vs. Hooktail (BrookSkimmer's character)

Sora Shirosaki vs. Visefang the Red

I did the best I could to match people up. Make the best of what you have, don't ask about changing, it's as it is. As I said, I did the best I could based on people's wishes.

W0NWILL

So, Blood, how do you reckon we should go about this duel? Start from up close and claim that Nevfae didn't have the time to shoot at Gol, or start from further away, and let Nevfae bring her range weapon into play?

BrookSkimmer

Ok, I've got some posts up as Hooktail and Visefang. Those who I am dueling: let me know if there's a particular direction you want to take your duel. I'm game for whatever :D

Also: FYI for all, Tim's not in this round, just assume he's fighting various vermin. :D

BloodGullet

good question - I'll need to do a quick review and try to figure out where everybody is - one a side note - if its alright with Brook, I'm going to have my character finally get revenge and complete her lifelong quest here (especially since Skral is DQ'd   :D  )

but, here's what I was thinking, that she spots Skral, still on the ship hiding out, then goes and has an epic battle, kills Skral, but receives a fatal or at least near fatal blow, then goes back to shore and meets her final fate at the hands of some woodland creature - which will now be Nevfae. 

Anyhow, it doesn't have to be exactly like that, but that was my original idea.  I think your character was on top of the mountain, correct? and coming down to the fight? if I remember, but ... then again my memory stinks :) anyhow, if so, she could run in to Golfar coming back to see what is happening with Farril, even if he is still there or not.... just a thought, or it could be on the beach, or on the ship,  like say Nevfae wanted to take over/destroy the ship ....??? I don't know, or just look for straggler vermin to whack  :) , so, many different ways to go about it.  Ideas?
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

W0NWILL

Well, it wouldn't be like her to kill someone in cold blood. Oh, on a side note, Nevfae's standing by Tim on the shore.

It would be just like her to wander off and thwack a few heads, so maybe Nev sees Skral and Gol battling, and shoots Skrall, seeing as a big lizard looks more dangerous than a stoat. Gol gets pissed because she wanted to kill Skral herself, and she goes after Nevfae. Y'know, chain revenge.

Leatho Shellhound

@Romsca Would you like to begain where we left off in round two? Oh I was thinking, my claw weapon is a bit over powering, so I will most likely have the straps come lose on it or some thing, that way it is only sword fight. thoughts?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

Tam and Martin

I went ahead and posted in the duel for me and Icefire. I hope she doesn't mind the setting.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

BrookSkimmer

Reminders:

All duels are happening on the shore. Not on the ship... it is burning into the sea.

No one may use DQed characters in their posts, unless permission is given by the DQed person and there is at least a one round gap.

The posts up in the duels sections so far look GREAT! Keep it up guys!

Icefire

Wow! Leave for a few hours and everything starts!
So, is this one being judged by the same criteria as the others? Criteria? Hm....not sure if that's the word I'm actually looking for......anyways!
I'm a little confused about the marshes. Where are they? I don't remember them at all!
Also, how many Swords are there? I mean, are there several of us fighting several of them or is it just the Swords being played by actual people? I'm trying to understand what my character would be seeing as she enters this fight.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rainshadow

Disqualified.  At least, that's what I interpret it to be.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Yep, DQed means disqualified.

The salt marshes are what grow near the beach. Basically flat lands with some scrub type plants and salt grass. I believe I wrote about them briefly in one of my first posts as Tim.

Judging is based on the same things it was based on in the other two rounds. As I stated in the discussions thread, whether your character "wins" or "looses" the duel does not mean you will earn more points.

Again to everyone: I HIGHLY suggest you read the duels from the second tournament archives. It will show you what we are looking for in this round.

The Swords group is what we have been role playing. The characters in that group make up the entirety of the Swords of Freedom. They are a specially selected group and at this point, the only ones fighting.

Icefire

I didn't see anything about the salt marshes. Where are they? Are they between the caves and the shores or are they to the north or to the south?
Ok, the whole character thing is less confusing now. I couldn't figure out who the crew was fighting at first.
Is it still raining?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

How I imagine it (not sure if this is correct, but...), it's mostly stopped raining.  There are still dark clouds and a slight drizzle, but other than that, it's not a huge downpour like earlier.  At least, that's how I imagine it.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!