News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Best bad guy scenario

Started by HashRouge, July 19, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HashRouge

What is your favourite "bad guy scenario" from the Redwall books? Mine is the corsair island in the Pearls of Lutra - I love all the infighting between the corsairs and Ublaz. Barranca and Rasconza are two of my favourite "baddies"  ;D

Captain Tammo

What do you mean by bad guy scenario? Like anything that has to do with villains?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

I love Bane and Tsarmina when they first meet. When Tsarmina says, 'I don't trust foxes. Why should I trust you?'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

martins#1fan

Best Bad Guy Scenario????????????? I'd say, none of them. I mean I like some of the characters in the bad guys but, who likes them?? I mean I like stoats and weasels, but there's not really a "best bad guy scenario".
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

sabretache5611

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 21, 2011, 03:01:40 PM
Best Bad Guy Scenario????????????? I'd say, none of them. I mean I like some of the characters in the bad guys but, who likes them?? I mean I like stoats and weasels, but there's not really a "best bad guy scenario".

The Bad Guys add a lot of plot to the books so while you can say you don't like them, they are necessary.  I also like the scenarios, just not the characters.

My favorites would be Cluny and his competing captains, Swartt scheming and Badrang vs Tramun Clogg (that was hilarious).
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Log-a-Log

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 22, 2011, 06:18:35 AM
Quote from: martins#1fan on July 21, 2011, 03:01:40 PM

The Bad Guys add a lot of plot to the books so while you can say you don't like them, they are necessary.  I also like the scenarios, just not the characters.

My favorites would be Cluny and his competing captains, Swartt scheming and Badrang vs Tramun Clogg (that was hilarious).
Yeah, Badrang and Clogg were out of control
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

daskar666

Post modified.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

To name just one of my many favorites, Grubbage and Plugg Firetail
Though one isn't really a bad guy, but he fits into the atmosphere of corsairs at the time.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Log-a-Log

Eefera and Vallug Bowbeast were a dangerous duo in Taggerung, although they didn't trust each other
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

James Gryphon

One thing that Brian Jacques has always done is write great villains; even in books where I didn't think much of the heroes, the villains were still enjoyable and interesting.

As a result, this is a tough question to ask, because I like all of them for varied reasons... generally the older the book in the series, or the earlier I read it, the more I like them. Cluny and Tsarmina and all the things that they were up to both rank very high on my list, for instance.

The only book where the main villains might not be as interesting or more so than the heroes is The Long Patrol, where the main heroes are all terribly interesting, while Damug Warfang is relatively boring compared to someone like Gabool, Cluny, or Tsarmina... if it wasn't for Lousewort and Sneezewort the Rapscallion side of the book probably wouldn't have been quite as solid as the hero's side, which is rare for a Redwall book. Maybe that's just because the Long Patrol hares and the Redwallers are so cool, though.
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Damug Warfang seems to be low on the part of liked villains. What makes him interesting, if you ask me, is all the treason he dealt with, more so than most villains had to. Killing his brother had a good part to do with that. And his relationship with Cregga. A mad super strong halberd-wielding bloodwrathing badger coming after you and foiling all your plans provides a good deal of action and interest.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

Cregga + arch enemy = battle :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Log-a-Log

I wish there could have been a book with the battle between Cregga and Gormad Tunn before the Long Patrol. Cregga sounded crazy in that battle

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Well, zhe waz in bloodwrath mode.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Muse

Yeah Damug is just.. eh. Not bad just eh
I like the Pitru/Jeefra scenario in HR and the albino ferret family in Triss, u know, prince and princess arguing.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse