Ratdeath

Started by Vilu Daskar, July 05, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Why isn't Mattihias' Sword called Ratdeath after Redwall
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

Its just one of those things that came from the first Redwall book; BJ didn't know that he would be continuing the Redwall series, so there are several elements in the first book that do not appear in any other book.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Mariel

Matthais called the sword Ratdeath ? I didn't remember that ::)
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on July 05, 2013, 09:36:59 PM
Its just one of those things that came from the first Redwall book; BJ didn't know that he would be continuing the Redwall series, so there are several elements in the first book that do not appear in any other book.
You're right Ungatt Trunn. :)

Tam and Martin

I remember when he called it that. I kinda like that name.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'e didnae cav it zat, it vaz ze Abbot vho named it zat.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

I mean when BJ had the sword named that.

Dawnwing

I don't know why, possibly he decided he didn't like it?  Personally I think that if it *had* to be named something, it would need to be something heroic... I can't think of anything that would fit it right though.  Certainly not "Ratdeath".  It's almost better that it doesn't have a name. 

I'm not a fan of that name and am glad he chose not to keep it.

phoenixfoden

Ratdeath sounds like a villans weapon

Shadowed One

Sort of. If you pay attention, a lot of weapons in the early books are named, but later on they stopped naming them.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

phoenixfoden

Who was the badger who had a sword named verminfate? Its sounds alot less scary than ratdeath...

Shadowed One

Rawnblade was the one I think.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Tam and Martin

That or maybe....Boar?

LordTBT

The name "Verminfate" is another one of those Redwall items that is relegated strictly to the novel "Redwall." That's pretty much it. There's no possible way we could ever know 'why' this is.

Verminfate belonged to Rawnblade Widestripe - no evidence anyone else ever wielded it.