A Computer Game Idea. (Help wanted)

Started by Faiyloe, April 05, 2014, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

If there is to be a final boss, it needs to be a DDB.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Amarith Waterspring

I am not much of an artist but I'll help with the plot and dialloge.  ;)
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Jetthebinturong

As well as dialogue, I'd like to help with plot and LORE (Creatures especially but locations are cool too)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Great you guys. I am having trouble figuring out how battles should go...
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Norham Waterpaw

2 easy battle types to choose from:
-Free style: Like most games, keep clicking it till it dies.
-Roleplay: Turn based attacks, with multiple moves and damage types.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

UNKN0WN

Were you going to have cut scenes in this game?

Faiyloe

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 10, 2014, 06:00:24 PM
2 easy battle types to choose from:
-Free style: Like most games, keep clicking it till it dies.
-Roleplay: Turn based attacks, with multiple moves and damage types.

I thinks The Roleplay type of battles would be good.

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on April 10, 2014, 06:08:20 PM
Were you going to have cut scenes in this game?

Yes a few simple ones the game would start out with one and then a few latter on in the game at major plot points.

Amarith Waterspring

Would you find each key after accompleshing what the key was named after? ( like for justice you would, say, protect someone helpless from a monster and the helpless person would give you the key in reward.
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Amarith Waterspring on April 11, 2014, 12:07:45 PM
Would you find each key after accompleshing what the key was named after? ( like for justice you would, say, protect someone helpless from a monster and the helpless person would give you the key in reward.

More or less yes but not as blunt as that More like after the completion of a level (Which would involve the thing the key describes). The names of the keys can be changed a little for convenience if necessary.

Rusvul

...Why do I have an asterisk? Just because I'm that awesome?

Faiyloe

It means that I was unsure weather or not you were going to do that particular task. If there is anything on there that you would like me to change please tell me.

Rusvul

Oh. Okay. Yeah, I'm totally willing to do those things. I don't really know exactly how you want me to do them, but I'm sure that you can tell me :)

...How long is this game intended to be? Like, how many hours?

Faiyloe

I am not sure... There would be about five levels (One for each key) + a few (Like one near the end in which you get the treasure) then you would have to return home and stop the corruption... (That might be another level or maybe two?) so that would make about 8 levels give or take. The level in and of themselves would be rather long... Each made up of several quests and mini quests.

I'm thinking there might even be one or two hidden levels.

Another thing is that once a level is completed it would be impossible to return to the places in the previous levels.  Each level covers an specific aria of ground. 

UNKN0WN

Faiyloe

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 11, 2014, 02:54:43 PM
It means that I was unsure weather or not you were going to do that particular task. If there is anything on there that you would like me to change please tell me.