Abbess Cregga???

Started by Tiria Wildlough, August 12, 2011, 07:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did you think Cregga should have become Abbess?

Yes
12 (35.3%)
No
22 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Tiria Wildlough

I just wondered what everyone thought. Personally, I think YES!  ;D ;D ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

I think she would have made a good abbess, but I don't think she should have been one. I'm not sure exactly why I think this way, maybe it's just because I'm not used to the idea.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Captain Tammo

I agree with gonff, she would've made a great abbess, like I think Constance would've. But I just can't see it actually happening.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

I can't either, but it would have been nice. She would have been the only badger to become Abbess.  :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Log-a-Log

I think she could definitely be Abbess. She was one of the wisest creatures that ever lived at Redwall
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Janglur Swifteye

No, because it is against Redwall custom. Only squirrels, mice, or hedgehogs (maybe voles), are to be made abbot/abbess. She probably had the wisdom and sense to be a great abbess, though.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Strange it could be called against custom I think, as most Redwallers encouraged her to the roll. I think the main reason she didn't become Abbess is because she wanted to wait and find someone young and more energetic, that's were her wisdom seemed to lie. And her choice was good I'd say.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

Since Cregga was pretty much the "acting abbess" for quite a while, I'm all for saying she was abbess... without the title. Sorta. If that made sense. ;)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Dotti

Quote from: Osu on August 26, 2011, 01:03:31 AM
Since Cregga was pretty much the "acting abbess" for quite a while, I'm all for saying she was abbess... without the title. Sorta. If that made sense. ;)
Good point!  She was the unofficial abbess.  I personally think that the course she chose was the wisest one.  It allowed her to provide the abbey with a strong figure of leadership, but at the same time allowed her to delegate some of an abbess's tasks to the other elders so that she still had time to fulfill her role as badgermum.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Romsca

what? cregga as the abbess?  :o
makes no sense badgers are never abbesses or abbots

Redwaller

So? Why couldn't they?

I think Cregga had a good position, when she thought it was right, she could appoint an Abbot/Abbess and govern them in the mean time.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

She was fine the way she was.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

cregga rose eyes

Cregga could easily have been Abbess, but she knew that she wasn't truly meant for the title.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays